PureEngage Cloud APIs
April 4, 2019
CX Contact Service API
- The CX Contact Service API enables users to create, manage, and execute outbound events. Specific capabilities include the following:
- Create and manage outbound campaigns
- Create contact lists and manage the records within them
- Create and manage compliance rules
- Manage contact suppression lists and record exclusion rules
- Create administration tasks
Consumer Messaging API
- The Consumer Messaging API provides support for custom applications to create chat sessions, send and fetch messages, manage participants, send mobile push notifications and update userdata.
Genesys Task Routing API
- The Genesys Task Routing API lets you submit workitems to Genesys from third-party applications. You can use other Genesys applications to route submitted workitems to agents, get interactions that were processed by agents, and view reports about those interactions. See Genesys Task Routing in the Administrator's Guide for details about implementing this solution.
Engagement Service API
- Support for Web or mobile callback — Public API-driven from mobile apps, Web sites, or the Genesys Widgets for Callback.
- Support for Click-To-Call-In — A mobile app requests call-in details provided immediately or when an agent becomes available.
- Support for Queue Estimated Wait Time (EWT) and office hours availability.
Cloud Data Download Service API
- The Cloud Data Download Service API enables secure export and download of contact center data. The exported data files are encrypted and stored for a maximum of 30 days, during which time they are available for download. After 30 days, the files are deleted from storage. The initial release supports contacts and interaction-based data sourced from Universal Contact Server (UCS).
September 27, 2018
- The Agent (Workspace) API now supports Chat.
Service Client API for Agent Desktop
- The Service Client API now supports email and chat.
August 30, 2018
- The Workspace API (also referred to as Agent API) supports development of custom agent applications that integrate with Genesys. These applications can include features such as:
- Inbound voice
- Manage agent state
- Perform basic call control
- Perform conferences and transfers
- Enable supervisor monitoring
- Create, read, update, and delete user data
- Enable call recording
- The Statistics API supports access to contact center statistics. The API provides two models of access:
- Subscribe/Notify model - Create a subscription and receive notifications
- One-time retrieval - Retrieve the current values of statistics
- The Provisioning API supports creating users, modifying configuration data, and retrieving configuration data. Specific supported actions include:
- Create, read, update, and delete users
- Get skills for a user
- Import and export users
- Get DNs or agent groups
- Create, read, update, and delete application options
- The Authentication API provides authentication and authorization for client endpoints using OAuth 2:
- Authenticate users, generate access tokens from grants, validate access tokens for resource services
- The Authentication API is required as a prerequisite for accessing other APIs
Service Client API for Agent Desktop
- It is possible to configure Agent Desktop to embed other web client business applications to improve overall user experience by removing the need for users to manage multiple application windows. Developers can extend the UI integration by using Service Client API to customize how your web application or website integrates with Agent Desktop. Genesys provides this window.postMessage based API so that your application can communicate cross domain with Agent Desktop while maintaining secured isolation. By monitoring various events provided by Agent Desktop, you can use the Service Client API to perform the following actions from third-party applications:
- Get and set agent and media state
- Enable click-to-dial
- Control call recording such as start, pause, resume, and stop
- Answer, hold, resume, and hang up voice calls
- Mute/unmute Genesys Softphone microphone and speaker
- Create, update, and delete attached data
- Invoke a toast in Agent Desktop
- Control case selection
- Block and unblock the agent Mark Done operation
- The Service Client API does not support the EXTERNAL mode with Microsoft Internet Explorer.