- March 7, 2018 (9.0.000.08)
- January 2, 2018 (8.5.009.03)
- November 14, 2017 (8.5.008.08)
- October 10, 2017 (8.5.007.03)
- August 18, 2017 (8.5.006.07)
- July 28, 2017 (8.5.005.30)
- April 17, 2017 (8.5.005.08)
- February 15, 2017 (8.5.004.26)
- Known Issues
March 7, 2018 (9.0.000.08)
- The new design of the Chat Widget provides improved usability:
- New input area and Send button to submit new messages
- Easier access to in-app Chat features like Emojis
- New Chat avatars and Chat bubbles layout
- Improved Inactivity Timeout handling
- New character counter which highlights when 10 or fewer characters remain
- Widgets is updated with new, improved Agent icon.
- The new Offers Widget is now available to offer advertising or marketing content to site visitors, and redirect to the appropriate URL. Multiple content layouts are available, including the capability to show text, images, and embed video from external sources such as YouTube and Vimeo.
- Improved ESC key accessibility in the Callback Widget. Previously, in certain instances, the Widgets UI would disappear after pressing the ESC key. (CXW-1302)
- Corrected the display of the Emoji menu after restoring chat. Previously, in certain instances, the use of emjois was enabled when reconnecting after a connection was lost, even though this feature was not enabled in the configuration. (CXW-1257)
- Improved error messages in the Callback Widget. Previously, in certain instances, the Callback Widget was not displaying the error dialog box. (CXW-1306)
- Optimized callback scheduling in the Callback Widget. Previously, in the Callback widget, when "As soon as possible" was selected, the variable _desired_time was wrongly sent to the server in the network request. (CXW-1283)
January 2, 2018 (8.5.009.03)
- Optimized icon dimensions throughout Genesys Widgets.
- Resolved an issue in WebChat where using arrow keys were ineffective in the message input. Previously, navigation with the arrow keys was not possible in the chat registration form. (CXW-1197)
- Resolved an issue where new messages received while WebChat is in a minimized state may not be visible after expanding WebChat. Previously, iscroll was not updated after the agent ended the chat while the chat was minimized. (CXW-1221)
- Resolved issue where the typing notification notice could be sent repeatedly under certain circumstances. Previously, the Widget would continue to send "typing off" notices even after the chat session had ended. (CXW-1215)
- Updated Genesys Widget's internal jQuery instance to the next stable version, which includes security patches. (CXW-1156)
November 14, 2017 (8.5.008.08)
WebChat registration forms
- You can now build customized WebChat registration forms.
- A new Sidebar widget is available for mobile and desktop browsers, enabling users to trigger any widget from a customizable list of Widgets icons.
- Microsoft Edge
October 10, 2017 (8.5.007.03)
- WebChat widget now exposes new parameter maxMessageLength to limit the length of messages sent during a chat session.
August 18, 2017 (8.5.006.07)
- Redesigned Genesys Widgets with new icons and Genesys logo to align with new Genesys branding.
Country Code flag icons
- Removed country code flag icons used by Callback Widget in the phone number field to reduce Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) download size.
- Prefixed CSS classnames with "cx-" to avoid conflicting classnames on host site.
- Optimized CSS throughout to reduce download size.
July 28, 2017 (8.5.005.30)
- Widgets exposed to PureEngage Cloud Customers now include:
- Callback capability - this enables Customers to request an Immediate or Scheduled Callback to their phone number. Two new widgets are provided: Callback and CallbackService.
- Calendar capability - this widget enables customization of the Calendar UI.
- WebChat and ChannelSelector widgets provide improved behavior on desktop browsers, as the scrollbar can now be used to scroll the widget's content accordingly.
April 17, 2017 (8.5.005.08)
- The webchat submit buttons no longer overlap into the footer area when viewing webchat in landscape mode on small mobile device screens. (CXW-631)
- WebChat's confirm before closing dialog prompt (which is enabled by default) now only appears while the user is filling out the registration form and only if information has been entered into some of the fields. (CXW-755)
February 15, 2017 (8.5.004.26)
- Customers who are on a phone call will now be able to request co-browsing assistance from the agent via the Channel Selector widget. Customers on chat can continue to start co-browse directly from the Chat Widget.
There are currently no known issues.