- February 4, 2019 (9.0.008.04)
- January 28, 2019 (9.0.007.09)
- January 3, 2019 (9.0.007.08)
- December 20, 2018 (9.0.007.07)
- October 25, 2018 (9.0.006.02)
- September 26, 2018 (9.0.005.00)
- September 5, 2018 (9.0.004.03)
- July 27, 2018 (9.0.003.03)
- June 26, 2018 (9.0.002.06)
- May 11, 2018 (9.0.001.04)
- March 28, 2018 (9.0.000.10)
- March 7, 2018 (9.0.000.08)
- January 2, 2018 (8.5.009.03)
- November 14, 2017 (8.5.008.08)
- October 10, 2017 (8.5.007.03)
- August 18, 2017 (8.5.006.07)
- July 28, 2017 (8.5.005.30)
- April 17, 2017 (8.5.005.08)
- February 15, 2017 (8.5.004.26)
- Known Issues
February 4, 2019 (9.0.008.04)
PureEngage Cloud v3 API
- WebChat Widget now supports PureEngage Cloud v3 API via the WebChat transport configuration option.
- WebChat bubble arrows are now displaying correctly by properly pointing to either the Agent or the Customer in the active Chat transcript window. Previously, the bubble arrows were slightly misaligned. (CXW-2071)
January 28, 2019 (9.0.007.09)
- Callback Calendar time slots now display correctly based on the availability. Previously, when choosing between days, some of the available time slots were shown as disabled. (CXW-2124)
January 3, 2019 (9.0.007.08)
- Widgets now displays the WebChat Widget correctly when it receives the appropriate Genesys Web Engagement notifications. Previously, for some Web Engagement notification events, the WebChat Widget would not be displayed. (CXW-2075)
December 20, 2018 (9.0.007.07)
Public CDN URLs
- Widgets are now accessible via Public CDN URLs. This includes both All-in-one and Lazy loading bundles.
- WebChat Widget now correctly listens to the inactivity timeout event from the Chat Server and ends the chat session. Previously, the chat session could not be ended at the right time when the inactivity timeout had occurred. (CXW-1920)
- The custom form in WebChat Widget now opens correctly in the Lazy Load mode. Previously, when opening the WebChat for the first time, it would not display the configured custom form. (CXW-1947)
October 25, 2018 (9.0.006.02)
- Genesys Widgets now supports Deployment IDs. This allows you to specify multiple configurations, each with a unique deployment ID that prevents cookies and other session data from carrying over to a page with a different deployment ID. For example, you can use one deployment ID for your public site and one deployment ID for users who are logged in, to prevent an authenticated chat from restoring after the user logs out.
- Callback Widget now correctly shows the selected country code for the phone number field. Previously, deleting a phone number from the callback entry would also remove the country code and it could not be re-added. (CXW-1828)
- The originalMessage sub-property now contains the original, unaltered message data from the server. Previously, the event WebChat.messageReceived returned the wrong value for the sub-property. (CXW-1907)
- Cross-browser compatibility has now been optimized for Callback Widget. (CXW-1889)
September 26, 2018 (9.0.005.00)
- Widgets is now compatible with PureEngage Cloud Engagement / Estimated-wait-time API (/engagement/v3/estimated-wait-time), for accessing Estimated Wait Time in PureEngage Cloud.
- Widgets is now compatible with PureEngage Cloud Engagement / Callbacks API (/engagement/v3) for requesting and booking of Callback requests.
- Offers Widget now functions correctly according to its configuration documentation. (CXW-1815)
September 5, 2018 (9.0.004.03)
Estimated wait time
- Genesys Widgets now supports fetching estimated wait time (EWT) for a single virtual-queue or for a group of virtual-queues.
- A fully qualified domain name (FQDN) is no longer required for cookies to persist across page refreshes. Test environments like localhost or direct IP addresses are now compatible with our cookies. Previously, cookie-based features like WebChat restore would not function on a site without a FQDN.
- The Authorization header is now passed correctly when lazy-loading Genesys Widgets. (CXW-1793)
July 27, 2018 (9.0.003.03)
- Genesys Widgets can now automatically lazy-load plugins from separate files, instead of loading one large file containing all plugins.
- Improved scrollbar usability across platforms.
- A new "before()" method in CXBus plugins allows you to trigger actions before a chosen command executes, manipulate options passed to the command, or block execution of the command.
- The Toaster plugin has a new event, Toaster.opened, that is published when a toast is opened.
- The SendMessage widget now correctly displays the OK button in alert dialogs. Previously, this button might have displayed as EmailOk. (CXW-1735)
- JavsScript use strict mode no longer triggers an error when using a dropdown in a custom form. (CXW-1734)
- Dropdowns and textareas no longer reset to text inputs when using the custom form feature. (CXW-1710)
- Genesys Widgets now correctly collects and transmits user agent details for Microsoft Internet Explorer 10/11 and Edge browsers. This allows chat sessions to receive more accurate user agent details for these browsers. (CXW-1697)
June 26, 2018 (9.0.002.06)
Interaction Lifecycle Event
May 11, 2018 (9.0.001.04)
- The Offers Widget now provides an option to use client-side localization. (CXW-1354)
- Fixed an issue in custom forms where the check box input type was not sending the appropriate selected value. Previously, even though the Send transcript check box was deselected, Widgets would still send the user data. (CXW-1391)
- Fixed an issue where localization override was not happening as expected. Previously, the default localization strings were absent for Webchat and Callback resulting in an App.setLanguage error in the browser console.(CXW-1394)
- The Callback Widget is now redesigned to appear as docked in the bottom-right of the web page for desktop browsers. Additionally, you can customize labels and input fields in the registration form so they can be propagated as Key Value Pairs (KVP) to the Callback API. (CXW-1404)
- Fixed URL messages displayed in WebChat. Previously, in certain instances, WebChat was truncating part of the URL text. (CXW-1514)
March 28, 2018 (9.0.000.10)
- The ChannelSelector Widget now properly hides the unavailable channels in mobile mode. Previously, in mobile mode, when the Estimated Waiting Time for a channel was set to a value greater than its maximum threshold value configured, ChannelSelector would not hide the channel. (CXW-1353)
- The Callback Widget now properly displays the available time slots in mobile mode. Previously, clicking Today would not correctly display the available time slots for that day. (CXW-1341)
March 7, 2018 (9.0.000.08)
- The new design of the Chat Widget provides improved usability:
- New input area and Send button to submit new messages
- Easier access to in-app Chat features like Emojis
- New Chat avatars and Chat bubbles layout
- Improved Inactivity Timeout handling
- New character counter which highlights when 10 or fewer characters remain
- Widgets is updated with new, improved Agent icon.
- The new Offers Widget is now available to offer advertising or marketing content to site visitors, and redirect to the appropriate URL. Multiple content layouts are available, including the capability to show text, images, and embed video from external sources such as YouTube and Vimeo.
- Improved ESC key accessibility in the Callback Widget. Previously, in certain instances, the Widgets UI would disappear after pressing the ESC key. (CXW-1302)
- Corrected the display of the Emoji menu after restoring chat. Previously, in certain instances, the use of emjois was enabled when reconnecting after a connection was lost, even though this feature was not enabled in the configuration. (CXW-1257)
- Improved error messages in the Callback Widget. Previously, in certain instances, the Callback Widget was not displaying the error dialog box. (CXW-1306)
- Optimized callback scheduling in the Callback Widget. Previously, in the Callback widget, when "As soon as possible" was selected, the variable _desired_time was wrongly sent to the server in the network request. (CXW-1283)
January 2, 2018 (8.5.009.03)
- Optimized icon dimensions throughout Genesys Widgets.
- Resolved an issue in WebChat where using arrow keys were ineffective in the message input. Previously, navigation with the arrow keys was not possible in the chat registration form. (CXW-1197)
- Resolved an issue where new messages received while WebChat is in a minimized state may not be visible after expanding WebChat. Previously, iscroll was not updated after the agent ended the chat while the chat was minimized. (CXW-1221)
- Resolved issue where the typing notification notice could be sent repeatedly under certain circumstances. Previously, the Widget would continue to send "typing off" notices even after the chat session had ended. (CXW-1215)
- Updated Genesys Widget's internal jQuery instance to the next stable version, which includes security patches. (CXW-1156)
November 14, 2017 (8.5.008.08)
WebChat registration forms
- You can now build customized WebChat registration forms.
- A new Sidebar widget is available for mobile and desktop browsers, enabling users to trigger any widget from a customizable list of Widgets icons.
- Microsoft Edge
October 10, 2017 (8.5.007.03)
- WebChat widget now exposes new parameter maxMessageLength to limit the length of messages sent during a chat session.
August 18, 2017 (8.5.006.07)
- Redesigned Genesys Widgets with new icons and Genesys logo to align with new Genesys branding.
Country Code flag icons
- Removed country code flag icons used by Callback Widget in the phone number field to reduce Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) download size.
- Prefixed CSS classnames with "cx-" to avoid conflicting classnames on host site.
- Optimized CSS throughout to reduce download size.
July 28, 2017 (8.5.005.30)
- Widgets exposed to PureEngage Cloud Customers now include:
- Callback capability - this enables Customers to request an Immediate or Scheduled Callback to their phone number. Two new widgets are provided: Callback and CallbackService.
- Calendar capability - this widget enables customization of the Calendar UI.
- WebChat and ChannelSelector widgets provide improved behavior on desktop browsers, as the scrollbar can now be used to scroll the widget's content accordingly.
April 17, 2017 (8.5.005.08)
- The webchat submit buttons no longer overlap into the footer area when viewing webchat in landscape mode on small mobile device screens. (CXW-631)
- WebChat's confirm before closing dialog prompt (which is enabled by default) now only appears while the user is filling out the registration form and only if information has been entered into some of the fields. (CXW-755)
February 15, 2017 (8.5.004.26)
- Customers who are on a phone call will now be able to request co-browsing assistance from the agent via the Channel Selector widget. Customers on chat can continue to start co-browse directly from the Chat Widget.
There are currently no known issues.