- June 01, 2018 (126.96.36.199)
- August 09, 2017 (188.8.131.52)
- July 18, 2017 (184.108.40.206)
- June 12, 2017 (220.127.116.11)
- April 4, 2017 (18.104.22.168)
- March 8, 2017 (22.214.171.124)
- February 20, 2017 (126.96.36.199)
- November 11, 2016 (188.8.131.52)
- September 13, 2016 (184.108.40.206)
- July 18, 2016 (220.127.116.11)
- June 3, 2016 (18.104.22.168)
- March 17, 2016 (22.214.171.124)
- Known Issues
June 01, 2018 (126.96.36.199)
- The new Debug block (Reporting palette) enables you to set checkpoints in the application and review the results in Analytics. Debug blocks are not reported once the application goes live and can remain in the application.
- The new Get Chat Transcript block (User Interaction palette) allows you to retrieve the contents of the latest chat transcript at any point in the application.
- On the Advanced tab of the Route Call, Route Agent, and Route blocks, the Threshold Expression option is added to enable you to use a script expression to further refine a routing threshold for the specified targets.
- On the Results tab of the User Input block, two optional input options, interpretation and confidence score, are added to streamline the process of parsing the interpretation and confidence score from the speech/DTMF recognizer.
- The HTTP REST block has a new option, Disable DTMF buffering. When enabled, it prevents any DTMF inputs entered while fetch audio is being played from being buffered and carried forward into subsequent User Input or Menu blocks.
- The Start Treatment block has a new option, Is Synched, that makes the block wait until the specified Self Service Shared Module completes execution.
- When a Menu or User Input block is used in the Self Service phase, you can now select a target destination after the maximum number of retries for No Input or No Match is reached. You can have the application go to another block in the Self Service phase, or to the Assisted Service or Finalize phase.
- The Route Call and Route blocks now allow you to specify a variable for the Skill Expansion Interval setting.
- You can now use separate hours for immediate and scheduled callbacks.
- Session IDs are now attached to user data.
- For predictive calls, callback service IDs are immediately attached to user data.
- Callback applications can no longer be deleted if they are referenced in the CALLBACK_SETTINGS data table.
- Designer now supports the following new built-in grammar types: boolean, currency, date, digits, number, phone, and time. The built-in grammars are available for both speech and DTMF for any language that is available to the application.
- When you publish an audio collection, Designer now lets you review the changes made to the audio resources since the collection was last published.
- Quick Filters are now sticky. If you navigate to a new resource page (such as going from Data Tables to Business Hours), any selected quick filters are now automatically applied to the new page.
- Two new system variables are added: AgentsTotalSize tracks the total number of agents that could possibly be logged on. AgentsLoginSize tracks the number of agents that are actually logged on.
- The default trace level for Business Controls is increased to ensure that these details are included as part of Analytics reporting. Note: This change only applies to applications published in this and later releases. It does not apply to applications or snapshots published in previous releases that used the previous trace level defaults.
- When viewing data tables, you can now select and remove announcements from the menu options column.
- For consult calls, the session continues to run the application even if the parent interaction cannot be associated with that session.
- Audit logs now capture when live code is activated and when applications are reverted back to the last good snapshot.
Last Application Snapshot
- Designer now takes a "snapshot" of each application's active code during a Designer upgrade and keeps this code active after the upgrade is complete. Newly generated code will be active when you publish the application manually. You can also revert an application back to this "last application snapshot", if required.
- Designer Analytics now displays details about specific revisions to a Shared Module that is in use.
- Route Call and Route Agent blocks are now exited, and asynchronous treatments completed, when a busy treatment has executed at least ten times and the average duration of the treatment is less than 1000 ms. A new system variable, TreatmentIterationCount, is introduced to track the number of times that a treatment has executed.
- Designer now plays the default on_hold audio file for callers if the audio file for a busy treatment cannot be played (for example, the fetch request fails or the file is missing).
- The Designer interface is updated with the new Genesys corporate logo.
- On the Applications page, the buttons to disconnect phone numbers and delete the application are now moved to a drop-down menu (More Options) to reduce the chances of an accidental click.
- The Route Call block is now exited correctly if Force Route is enabled and the block timeout is equal to 30 seconds. (DES-5064)
- For Callback V2, default music is now played until the call is answered, even when an agent is in ready status. (DES-5485)
- The delay when fetching Quick filters is now reduced. Users of Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, will also see performance improvements when activating or deactivating quick filters in environments with 500 or more applications. Note: Internet Explorer users might continue to experience delays when activating quick filters. (DES-5663, DES-5664)
- Designer now displays an error if you try to save an undefined (deleted) special days or business hours in Applications and Shared Modules. (DES-4375)
- The EstimatedWaitTime and PositionInQueue system variables are now updated correctly when treatments are looping. (DES-5524)
- When Show Block ID is selected, the block IDs are now displayed correctly in the flow. (DES-5419)
- Treatments are now executed correctly in the Assisted Service phase after a consult call transfer is completed. (DES-5831)
- Designer now correctly indicates that the business is closed at the specified closing time, not one minute past the specified closing time. (DES-5751)
- For blocks that allow you to select a virtual queue, Designer now displays all available virtual queues in the selection list. (DES-5497, DES-5171)
- Designer now correctly runs an application if Global Commands are enabled in conjunction with the use of treatments in Assisted Service modules. (DES-5834)
- For environments using Genesys Interaction Recording (GIR), the EnableRouteCallRecording system variable now toggles recording on or off correctly. (DES-5842)
- Designer now correctly handles Chat Message or Chat Custom Message blocks that contain chat message text with special characters (such as "'" or "&"). (DES-5312)
- Designer applications now detect and flag the mixed usage of cloned Callback and Callback V2 templates that are referenced as shared modules. Previously, this invalid scenario was not detected. (DES-5297)
- Designer now correctly handles calls when global DTMF commands are enabled in cloned Callback and Callback V2 templates. Previously, in this scenario, calls were disconnected. (DES-5252)
- The Voice Mail block is now displayed correctly in the palette. Previously, in certain scenarios, the block was not appearing in the palette. (DES-5244)
- In the user interface, clicking the Designer logo now opens the Genesys home page in a new browser tab. (DES-5239)
- Designer now correctly updates the session detail record to indicate that the caller ended the call when a call is routed successfully but the caller hangs up. Previously, in this scenario, Designer reported that the call was ended by the application. (DES-5198)
- The exit_time value is now correctly reported in the SDR. Previously, this was not correctly captured for some blocks during certain scenarios, such as when HTTP requests were still active during call termination. (DES-5218)
August 09, 2017 (188.8.131.52)
Partition-Based Access Control (PBAC)
- Partition-Based Access Control (PBAC) is introduced to enable users with Designer Administrator privileges to control individual user access to Designer resources. The Administrator can create partitions for other users and assign those partitions to certain resources. Users then have access to only those resources that match their assigned partitions or are not assigned to any partitions (non-assigned resources are available to all users).
Quick Filters toolbar
- The new Quick Filters toolbar enables users to better organize their Designer resources by enabling 1-click filtering of resources based on the tags associated with the selected filters. This toolbar appears on the Special Days, Business Hours, Data Tables, Applications, Shared Modules, Emergency Flags, Audio Collections, and Message Resources pages.
- For web-invoked callbacks, all outbound attempts now have custom key-value pairs (KVP) attached to the interaction as soon as the call is initiated. (Custom KVPs are those that are passed into the web request and do not have names starting with an underscore character.)
- A new system variable, ChatEntryPoint, is added to hold the value of the point of entry for a chat interaction in digital applications and shared modules. This can be used in the application logic at runtime to provide alternative processing (according to user requirements) or to facilitate the use of a parallel testing environment (PTE).
- The new Callback VQ Watermark block enables you to check the number of active callbacks that are currently queued for a specific virtual queue (VQ). The result is returned as a "watermark" value that represents the number of queued and executing callbacks.
- The import option is now disabled for Data Tables that contain the menu data type. (DES-4984)
- The Callback V2 Audio collection now contains the correct audio file for the cb_country_generic prompt. (DES-5029)
- When viewing the properties for an audio resource, filenames are now displayed correctly. Previously, in certain scenarios, TTS text was displayed as the filename. (DES-4600)
July 18, 2017 (184.108.40.206)
- A new block, Validate Phone Number, provides phone number validation and international phone number support for Callback V2. A new system data table, NUMBER_VALIDATION_CONFIGURATIONS, is introduced to support this feature.
- A new routing type option, Force route, is added to the Route Call block. When selected, it forces the call to be routed to a direct number.
- A new report, Performance by Activities, is added to the Application Details dashboard. This report shows a breakdown of performance data for each activity over a given time period.
- When you select Display Business Object Diffs in Data Tables, changes made to specific properties of local Business Hours and Special Days are now indicated.
- On the Data Tables page, the buttons have been rearranged to maintain consistency with other Designer pages.
- When a call reaches the Callback V2 block, Designer now fetches live data for any referenced Data Tables and Business Hours. Previously, cached data was sometimes used.
- For callback type applications, the Routing Priority tab on the Callback V2 block now includes a clarification that the routing priority settings are only applicable to web-invoked callbacks and that routing priorities for scheduled callbacks accepted from an inbound call must be configured in the Designer application handling the inbound call.
- Designer now displays a warning message when you try to navigate away from a page that has unsaved changes to local Business Hours or Special Days data tables. (DES-4978)
- Designer now correctly handles Route Point type routing when the Route Call block is exited before routing is complete. (DES-4976)
- When using Display Business Object Diffs, the option for All is now removed, so you must now select a specific business object type to view. (DES-4936)
- When an asynchronous treatment is started by the Start Treatment block, Designer now correctly evaluates the treatment navigation expressions. (DES-4889)
- On the Business Control dashboard, the Close% column in the Shared Business Hours Check Performance panel now displays the correct value. Previously, it displayed the value for Open%. (DES-4877)
- When viewing a Call Trace using the Application Summary view, the Reset button now correctly resets the Overview diagram. (DES-4868)
- On the Data Tables page, the Publish button is now re-enabled when the Show Modified Rows Only checkbox is deselected. (DES-4835)
- As of release 220.127.116.11, Designer correctly handles consult call transfers to another application that is executing shared modules. (DES-4636)
- Designer now correctly updates the session detail records for calls that are disconnected while the Self Service phase is being finalized. (DES-4573)
- Designer now correctly marks a data table as modified when you edit a local Business Hours or Special Days definition in that data table. (DES-4551)
- The Statistics block now returns the correct value for the PositionInQueue variable. (DES-4391)
- Designer now correctly handles non-English characters when importing/exporting data from a data table. (DES-4762)
June 12, 2017 (18.104.22.168)
- The new Business Controls dashboard provides near real-time metrics on the runtime usage of Emergency Flags, Business Hours, Special Days, and Data Tables.
- A new panel, Top 10 Milestones, is added to the Application Details dashboard.
- The Inputs dashboard has a new panel, Blocks By NoMatch/NoInput Count, that lets you view the total counts of No Input and No Match by block.
- On the Data Tables page, the new Display Business Object Diffs button lets you review the changes made to local Business Hours and Special Days before publishing the data table.
- The Route Call block now provides an option to force skills-based routing to use skills defined for the Voice channel only if both Voice and Chat in Designer are being used.
- Designer now supports the bulk uploading of audio prompts (this feature currently requires the assistance of Genesys Operations).
- Designer now implicitly converts the value of certain block properties from string to numeric if the value allows for this conversion. Previously, this conversion caused a runtime error.
- In the Application Summary view, the Reset button now correctly clears the currently displayed call trace. Also, the links in the side navigation menu now work correctly. (DES-4698, DES-4692)
- Designer now only generates validation warnings (not errors) when the outputs of a Data Table block have changed due to modifications made to a data table schema. Changes to key columns that affect the inputs of a Data Table block will continue to generate validation errors. (DES-4511)
- Designer no longer generates an error message when you delete an imported Data Table before it is published. (DES-4433)
- Designer now displays the General tab in the settings for Callback type applications. (DES-4284)
- When displaying the changes made to Special Days business objects, Designer now includes changes made to the Occurs Every Year property. (DES-4837)
- After a data table has been published, Designer no longer allows you to change the data types of the existing columns. (DES-4827, DES-4084)
- Calls that were successfully routed to a Route Point are now correctly reported in Designer Analytics. Previously, some calls were not being reported correctly. (DES-4788)
- The value of the FlowEntryCount system variable now holds the total number of times that the current application has been started for the current interaction. Previously, it held the total number of times that any application started for the current interaction. (DES-4756)
- Designer no longer skips a prompt when the Always play prompt and disable buffering option is enabled and Global DTMF commands are active. (DES-4728)
- Designer Analytics now correctly displays the results for the No input count panel. (DES-4703, DES-4690)
- When validating an application with a Data Table block, Designer now validates the latest published version of the associated data table. Previously, Designer validated the unpublished version of the data table. (DES-4593)
April 4, 2017 (22.214.171.124)
Application Summary View
- Designer can now generate an application summary view that shows a graphical representation of the application flow, similar to a flowchart. This view displays all possible paths that an interaction can take through the application. It also lets you trace the path that was taken by a selected session, as well as the values of variables in various blocks.
- The Advanced tab of the Route Call block has a new option, Route only to local agent, that is available when using Skill based routing with relaxing criteria or Skill expression based routing. When enabled, the call is routed to a local agent who matches the target skill.
- The option for Play the prompt immediately is now changed to Always play prompt and disable buffering. If selected, the prompt will always be played, even if there was a barge-in on the prompt preceding it. In addition, the option for Not Interruptible is now changed to Disable barge-in.
- The Inputs dashboard has a new panel, Report by Block, that lets you select and view input reports for Blocks and Utterances and Blocks and Interpretations.
- Callers are now able to barge-in on the last message that is played before the application proceeds to a shared module.
- When updating data for callback components, the Business Hours and Special Days user interfaces now correctly indicate if failures were encountered. (DES-4598)
- In the voice prompts for scheduled callbacks, Designer now offers the correct next available timeslot. Previously, Designer could offer the same timeslot twice, even if that timeslot was not available. (DES-4626)
- Designer now plays an Intelligent Prompt in American English (en-US) if it cannot play the prompt in the caller's preferred language. (DES-4614)
- If you are using Callback, Designer no longer allows you to delete the original Callback or Callback V2 Audio collections. The only exception to this is if you have cloned the original collection and are making changes to the cloned resource. (DES-4604)
- Changes made to features and settings from the Workspace Settings interface no longer require that Designer be restarted before they take effect. (DES-4371)
- It is now possible to control the barge-in setting at the block level (for Play Message, Menu, and User Input blocks), irrespective of whether Global Commands are enabled for the application. Previously, prompts could be interruptible if Global Commands were used. (DES-4601)
March 8, 2017 (126.96.36.199)
Support for Digital application types
- With this release, Designer introduces support for Digital application types. This type enables you to build applications that can handle chat interaction messaging and routing.
- The new Message Resource Collection (similar to the existing Audio Collection) contains standard responses and user-defined messages that can be used with digital application types.
- Autostop logic for chat interactions prevents interactions from being re-queued indefinitely when they are not routed and the application does not terminate them after a certain number of routing attempts. As a result, the interaction is automatically terminated, either when it exceeds 20 application runs or when it exceeds the configured Expiration time.
- The Route Call block now has a routing option added for Campaign Group routing.
- During upgrades, Designer now goes into a restricted mode that prevents users from making changes to applications, modules, and workspace settings, but still allows them to make changes to business controls, audio resources, and grammars.
- A new system variable, FlowEntryCount, can be used when segmenting an application to implement logic based on how many times a Designer application has been executed for a specific interaction.
- ECMAscript expressions are no longer required to evaluate Boolean values in the Segmentation block. (DES-4582)
February 20, 2017 (188.8.131.52)
- This feature lets callers provide additional input entries that are buffered and then applied to subsequent menu prompts. For example, to navigate a series of menus and submenus, the caller might enter a series of digits while one menu is played to bypass subsequent menus.
- Data tables must now be published before any saved changes to the data tables take effect. Saving a data table will save changes, but they will not take effect for calls until the table is published. (In previous releases of Designer, changes took effect immediately after a data table was saved.)
- A new option called Not Interruptible is added to the Play Message, Menu, and Menu Option blocks. If selected, it disables barge-in and DTMF typeahead capabilities.
- A new property called Play the prompt immediately is added to the Play Message and Menu Option blocks. When disabled, it allows DTMF inputs to be buffered into subsequent blocks. (Genesys recommends that this option be disabled only when DTMF typeahead functionality is required.)
- The HTTP REST block now allows a fetch request to be specified as an Internal Genesys Service. If selected, the request is made without using an HTTP proxy, which is typically used for any external requests.
- An exported shared module now includes all versions of that module in the resulting archive file, including the unpublished version. When such an archive file is imported, all versions of the module are imported, and any versions that require an upgrade are upgraded during the import process to ensure they are compatible with the current version of Designer.
- Analytics data for IVR type applications is now appended with -hhmmssSSS to ensure that session IDs do not repeat across sessions. (The unmodified session ID is available in the OrigSessionID key).
- The number of milestones reported in analytics data is now limited to the first 20 milestones in a session. Existing applications are not impacted by this change, but new applications should be designed so that any execution path through the application does not encounter more than 20 milestones during the call.
- In the application settings, the DTMF Options tab now has an option to enable or disable Global DTMF Commands.
- The Data Tables interface now displays an error if the update of the callback_transaction list fails while the Callback_Settings data table is being published.
- Under Workspace Settings > Features, Enabled Implicit module milestones is now renamed to Implicit module milestones.
- When viewing the Application Flow, users can now use the Action menu to toggle the visibility of Block Types and Block IDs. They can also search by numeric Block ID.
- The External Services dashboard now displays the correct total counts in the Count of Request By Host and Count of Request By Service Name reporting panels. (DES-4373)
- The Route Call block now correctly handles scenarios when the Clear targets from queue if this block times out option is selected and the timeout value is specified by a variable. (DES-4372)
- When an application is unable to query a statistic, it now continues to the next block without exiting to the Finalize phase. (DES-4317)
- In business object dialogs for data tables, locally-defined business objects that can only be referenced from one data table now display (Local) beside their name, to better distinguish them from global objects that can be referenced from multiple data tables. (DES-4307)
- For Callback, Designer now correctly replays the existing or detected phone number on the retry prompt when no-input or no-match is found. (DES-4294)
- On the Routing dashboard, the Routed to LCA field count is now correctly incremented when a call is routed to the last called agent and the final disposition is Routed to Agent. However, this change only applies to new sessions. (DES-4237)
- In validation error messages, data table integer columns are now correctly identified as integer columns. Previously, these columns were incorrectly identified as numeric. (DES-4230)
- On the Routing dashboard, the Block Time Count panel now displays the correct value. (DES-4228)
- On the Menu block, Voice Option is renamed to Speech Inputs. (DES-4183)
- The Row Count field (used to jump directly to a specific row number when viewing a data table) now works correctly with Firefox browsers. (DES-4180)
- Under Workspace Settings, a description is now added for the Implicit Module Milestones feature: "Controls if modules report a milestone when they start executing." (DES-4179)
- Callbacks are now correctly processed if platform components experience a failover, avoiding duplicate calls. (DES-4170)
- The description of the survey_sOffer system variable is updated as follows: "Determines if a survey is offered, setup or rejected. This is set by the Setup Survey block." (DES-4165)
- During the Finalize phase, Designer now generates block labels for disposition option blocks without using hyphens. (This change only applies to new applications.) (DES-4124)
- For Data Tables, the Column Settings screen now suppresses messages that are not relevant to the changes made by the user (for example, not displaying a message about providing values in all mandatory columns when this setting was not changed). (DES-3924)
- Data Table validation warnings now always show the correct row number, even if a data table row was deleted. (DES-3823)
November 11, 2016 (184.108.40.206)
- The new External Services dashboard lets you analyze the external requests being made by your applications.
- The new Routing Analysis dashboard lets you analyze how calls are being handled during the Assisted Service phase of the applications.
Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Designer now supports single sign-on (SSO) access when logging in from the Genesys Portal.
- ApplicationPath — contains a URL pointing to the root of the current application at runtime.
- DefaultPartition — sets the default GIR partition for the application (this setting can be overridden by a new Partition setting in the Record block).
- Data tables are now locked while they are being saved to prevent accidental changes.
- Clicking Cancel while modifying a data table now cancels any changes made to cell values, in addition to any changes made to embedded global Business Hours or Special Days.
- Data tables will now timeout and close after a fixed period of time, to prevent users from accidentally locking a data table indefinitely.
- You can now use the Business Controls blocks with Callback type applications.
- You can now use Data Table blocks from the Finalize phase.
- On the Call Routing tab of the Route Call block, the DN Routing routing type is renamed to Route Point Routing.
- The Record block has a new Partition option that lets you override the default GIR partition (as set by the new DefaultPartition system variable) for that block.
- The HTTP REST and Custom Service blocks now support the use of an error-handling child block. (You must select an error handling method under the Results tab.)
- Designer applications now transition to the Finalize phase if the call is default routed. In Analytics, such calls are indicated by a new disposition called Default Routed.
- You can now set Special Days to recur annually.
- When defining Business Hours, you can now select a No End Time checkbox to specify that there is no set end time for the given day. (This option only appears if the business is not closed for that day and Open All Day is not enabled.)
- Callback V2 now supports Web Callbacks. (DES-4064)
- Imported modules now appear as modules with no versions. Previously, imported modules displayed the latest version of the source module next to the module name. (DES-4097)
- Assisted Service Shared Modules no longer terminate prematurely due to non-significant error events. (DES-4096)
- Applications no longer terminate prematurely when assigning output variables to routing blocks that do not belong to the active Shared Module. (DES-4095)
- Business Hours are now correctly handled when the Follow Overrides box is checked, but no exceptions are added. (DES-4024)
- When a Special Day with a disabled date range is used as an exception in Business Hours, the date ranges now correctly remain disabled. (DES-4018)
- Using the Callback V2 - Offer Callback callback module template in a Shared Module block outside of the callback context no longer generates a validation error. (DES-4005)
- When importing applications that were exported from a patched version of Designer into a newer version of Designer, the version check now compares the versions correctly. (DES-3980)
- When saving or publishing an application or module, Designer now arranges the Validation Issues list by severity, with error messages appearing at the top. (DES-3973)
- Designer now correctly discards any unsaved changes made to Special Days or Business Hours from within a data table if the user navigates away from the page. (DES-3969)
- In a numeric or an integer datatable key column, a value of "0" (zero) is no longer accepted. (This was accepted in earlier versions, but was not returned while querying.) (DES-3929)
- When editing a data table, you can now use the backspace key without it triggering the browser's Back button behavior. (DES-3920)
- When you go to the Business Hours page, you are now prompted to select a Business Hours item from the list or create new Business Hours, with no initial selection already made. (DES-3821, DES-3636)
- After a Designer upgrade, IVR type applications now use a regular timestamp and reference the correct versions of modules. (DES-3730)
- The System Resources audio collection is updated to use a more consistent format that allows the files to be played in a wider variety of browsers. (DES-2507)
September 13, 2016 (220.127.116.11)
- Designer now supports Callback V2 (in addition to the previous Callback implementation, version 1, which remains unchanged). Several new blocks are introduced to the Callback palette to support this feature:
- Callback V2
- Check Availability V2
- Check for Existing Callback V2
- Book ASAP Callback V2
- Book Scheduled Callback V2
- Cancel Callback V2
- Designer introduces a new disposition, Routed to Voicemail, for Final Disposition codes.
- Designer now supports the use of system variables as the default value expression of user variables for both Self Service modules and IVR applications.
- Business Hours now support Time Zone configuration. (This setting is only supported for the Callback feature.)
- The Route Call and Callback V2 blocks now let you define a Maximum Priority when Priority Increment is enabled.
- The Record block now supports Self Service application recording in Genesys Interaction Recording (GIR) environments, and also provides new controls to Start, Stop, Pause, and Resume the recording.
- Note: This feature requires a version of Genesys Voice Platform (GVP) that supports Interactive Voice Response (IVR) recording. Check the GVP Release Note to confirm if this is supported by your version.
- Designer now supports the use of integer extension values in the Route Call, Route Agent, and Call Data blocks.
- When using the test functionality in the HTTP REST block, Designer now clearly indicates if any errors are associated with internal Genesys components.
- Fetch audio is now supported in the HTTP REST and Custom Service blocks in the Initialize and Assisted Service phases. (This was previously only supported in the Self Service phase.)
- You can now create and edit Business Hours and Special Days directly from within a data table
- If an existing data table contains columns with Business Hours or Special Days columns, new validation errors can occur the first time the data table is saved. Genesys recommends opening such data tables and saving them once to reveal any potential errors. The validation errors should then be fixed so that the data table saves properly. (DES-3987)
- Record blocks are now ignored if the EnableSSRecording option is enabled and GIR recording is used. (DES-3902)
- If no global Business Hours are defined, the first new business hours created within the pop-up dialog in a data table now display as if they were created globally. If the data table is not saved, the new Business Hours are discarded. (DES-3789)
- You can now create new Special Days or Business Hours from within Data Tables, even if no Special Days or Business Hours entries currently exist. (DES-3786)
- The scrollbar on the Special Days page now displays correctly when there are several entries in the Special Days list. (DES-3762)
- In the Finalize phase, disposition codes are now disabled when their corresponding phase blocks are deleted from the flow. (DES-3669)
- When a RTP (Real-time Transport Protocol) timeout is encountered during the Self Service phase, the application now transitions directly to the Finalize phase. Previously, the application would enter the Assisted Service phase for a brief period of time before transitioning to the Finalize phase. (DES-3657)
- American Spanish (es-US) intelligent prompt bundling is now converted to Mexican Spanish (es-MX). (DES-3796)
- Designer now detaches the parent interaction along with the current interaction when routing a call to voicemail. (DES-3783)
- Designer data tables now support Callback application types. (DES-3612)
- Designer now displays a validation error when blocks are placed as direct child blocks below blocks that should not be parent blocks. Previously, in certain scenarios, an Assign Variables block could incorrectly become a parent block. (DES-3727)
July 18, 2016 (18.104.22.168)
- The HTTP REST block now consolidates and sends external requests from a single Designer service rather than from multiple platform components. In previous releases, you could switch to this mode of operation if certain features were enabled in the block, but now it works this way by default.
- Note: This change won't affect existing blocks, but any new HTTP REST blocks added to existing flows will work this way.
- The following data types are now supported by data tables: Special Days, Business Hours, Skills Expressions, and Timezones.
- You can now create multiple date ranges for a single Special Day. If a call comes in on a date that overlaps or coincides with at least one of the date ranges, the Special Day settings take effect.
- You can now enable or disable individual exceptions for business hours.
- The Setup Survey block now includes an option to let callers take the survey from within one application in the Self-Service phase (these are different from surveys taken after customers have finished their call with an agent).
- A new Start Treatment block lets you use a shared module as an "asynchronous busy treatment" during the Assisted Service phase. This means you can have a Start Treatment block followed by multiple Route Call blocks and the selected treatment (for example, you might play some music to the caller while their call is being processed) will not be interrupted as the application transitions from one Route Call block to another.
- The default unit of time for displaying statistics on the dashboard panels is changed from milliseconds (ms) to seconds (s).
- During the audio upload process, Designer now converts valid audio files to PCM mono 8KHz (WAV container) and rejects files that are not in a valid audio format.
- Intelligent audio prompts now support Spanish and user-recorded system audio files.
- The Segmentation block now lets you move conditions (and their associated flow segments) up or down in the application flow.
- An application that is handling a consult call interaction no longer stops when the parent call interaction is released.
- A new Test tab is added to the HTTP REST block, which lets you test the specified HTTP fetch directly from the browser.
- The Route Agent block now supports routing to the agent that the customer last spoke with.
- Designer now routes calls using the correct routing priority. Previously, calls were sometimes routed with the Initial Priority instead of an increased priority as specified by the Increment Priority every settings. (DES-3737)
- Designer now has improved safeguards to protect against data table corruption. (DES-3755)
- Designer now correctly handles consult calls. Previously, an application would fail to process a consult call if it came from another application that had a Route Call block configured with a DN Routing route type. (DES-3634)
- Analytics now correctly reports the type of failed attempts in a User Input block when the output of the block was stored in a variable marked as secure. In previous releases, the failed attempts for both no input and no match were reported as 0 (zero). (DES-3629)
- The caching of speech grammars and audio files now works correctly for modules. (DES-3460)
- The description for Cache Settings on the user interface now clearly indicates that Business Controls cannot be cached. (DES-3424)
- Designer now correctly handles ASAP callback requests. Previously, if an ASAP callback was accepted late in the day (for example, past midnight UTC), the requesting caller was being called in the middle of the night. (DES-3376)
- Designer now fully supports the use of a variable set to an integer value as a key to add or remove user data in the Call Data block. (DES-3317)
- The milestone name is now converted to a string value (invalid_<variable name>) and the call's session is reported in Analytics. In previous releases, if the application specified a milestone name using a variable, and if the variable contained an object instead of a string, that call's session would not be reported in Analytics. (DES-3564)
- Designer now supports dynamic language switching for agent and customer greeting audio prompts in routing blocks. (DES-3519)
- The sunburst panel in the Survey dashboard no longer throws an exception when you try to drill down by double-clicking the outer circle of the panel, which is the end of the path. (DES-3433)
- Very short calls (of less than a second) now show up in Analytics with the correct system attributes. (DES-3428)
- In user variables, the Private attribute is renamed to Secure to better communicate the security related behavior of these variables. Secure variables are not written to log files or reported in Analytics. (DES-3427)
- Survey responses of value 0 (zero) are now correctly reported in Analytics. (DES-3395)
- In the Caching tab of the Application Setting screen, when you uncheck the Use workspace cache settings box, the values from the workspace cache will remain and become editable. You can then use them as a reference and tweak as needed. Previously, the values in those fields would be blanked out. (DES-3422)
June 3, 2016 (22.214.171.124)
- You can now configure caching defaults for the workspace that apply to all applications, unless you choose to override them in the individual application settings.
- In a Business Hours block, you can now check business hours using a timezone that is different from the application's timezone.
- You can now schedule Business Hours that differ from the normal schedule on Special Open Days.
- When you try to open an application, module, or data table that someone else has opened, you can now see who has the resource locked.
- A new block (Record) is added to the User Interaction section that lets you start or stop call recording in the Self Service phase of an application.
- You can now add shared module blocks in the Initialize phase of an application.
- Note: You can't use the following blocks in Assisted Service modules that are called from the Initialize phase: Route Agent, Route Call, Voice Mail, and Callback.
- Designer now displays validation errors if the Retry prompts in Menu and User Input blocks are not set and "Play original prompt" isn't selected.
- You don't have to initialize application variables with a valid value when declaring them (leaving them blank no longer causes errors). (DES-3384)
- You can now view an application's settings when opening it in read-only mode. (DES-3136)
- On the Surveys dashboard, you can now modify the width of the columns in the Survey Answer Distribution panel. (DES-3326)
- The same Self Service module can now be used from both Self Service and Assisted Service. (DES-3306)
- You'll now get validation errors when:
- you select "use variable" without choosing a variable in a Milestone block. (DES-3294)
- you use the same variable to store the Output Parameters and Results tab variables in a HTTP REST block. (DES-3276)
- you don't specify a "stop" Activity block for a "start" Activity block in an Activity block. (DES-1609)
- You'll no longer get validation errors when you don't specify the input parameters in a Custom Service block. (DES-3293)
March 17, 2016 (126.96.36.199)
- Note: The first time you open an application after upgrading to a new version of Designer, you must review and confirm its settings. After the application is saved, this dialog no longer appears.
- Designer now provides the ability to import and export applications and shared modules from one Designer environment to another.
- The Data Tables block now has an option to select the data table as a variable. This option is useful in scenarios where the data table to be referenced is decided at runtime based on the application logic (for example, when the same application is being used in multiple locations and each location needs to reference a data table that is specific to that location).
- Data tables now support datetime and datetimerange data types, which enable users to specify a time and date or a specific date range.
- Data tables now allow you to specify Optional Restrictions for certain data types, such as a maximum string length for string data types or to enforce non-overlapping dates for datetimerange data types.
- The Business Hours block now includes an Open All Day option, which lets you indicate that the business is open for the entire day.
- The Special Day block now includes a Results tab to store the results of special day lookups.
- The Data Tables block now includes a Results tab to store the results of data table lookups.
- Designer no longer displays warnings or validation errors for menu option blocks that require prompts to be specified for each option.
- Data tables now support multiple keys by allowing more than one column to be marked as a key column. Lookups can be performed by specifying values for all of these keys (composite key) or a subset of keys.
- The default level of session data reported by Designer applications now includes block details. Previously, certain block details were not included. (DES-3277)
- In data tables, the custom filter functionality for the Date and Range columns is now disabled. Previously, the custom filter functionality for these columns did not work correctly if the data types for the columns were changed. (DES-3223)
- If the Assign Variables block uses Advanced Scripting, Designer no longer displays a validation error if a script is executed but no assignment is added. (DES-2869)
- Designer now displays an error message if Extension Data is added to a Call Data, Route Call, or Route Agent block, but the Key and Value settings are not defined. (DES-2551)
- The Amazon Web Services PHP library is now restored to the source repository. This resource was missing from the previous release, which caused Designer to report analytics data incorrectly. (DES-3188)
- Templates and shared modules cannot be mixed when using Callback. Either templates should be used exclusively, or shared modules. (DES-5303)
- After disconnecting a Digital application from an endpoint and later associating that endpoint to the same or to another application, Designer displays an error. However, this does not prevent that application from being successfully associated with that endpoint. (DES-5489)
- For Callback V1, if a caller hangs up before callback has fully initialized, this can cause issues with reporting. (DES-5571)
- In Digital applications, Special Days evaluations will not work if Special Days are defined in Data Tables and a default message is empty. (DES-5551)
- Define a default message.
- Users assigned to the Business User role should not be permitted to create or delete data tables, but are currently able to do so. (DES-5555)
- When a caller rejects an offered callback, user data is not updated on the inbound call. (DES-5561)
- The final result of a callback is not always reported correctly when Designer fails to create the outbound call. (DES-5568)
- If you import an application package (DAR file) that includes audio resources belonging to one or more audio collections, the import overwrites all unpublished audio resources in those collections. (DES-5179)
- Publish the audio collection(s) before importing the application package.
- In the Manage Quick Filters dialog, searching for the term filter always returns all results. (DES-5155)
- The Quick Filters toolbar does not work correctly for tags that contain special characters (such as a backslash or single-quote). (DES-5139)
- When assigning a new end point to a Digital application, Designer may display an error message that there are insufficient permissions to assign or create an endpoint. If you receive this message, contact Genesys Care for Cloud Customers. (DES-4226)
- When exporting an application, any Special Days referenced by Business Hours (where the Business Hours are used by the application) are not included in the export. (DES-5021)
- Use the export dialog for the application to manually select the referenced Special Days.
- Designer might not export an application that contains validation errors. (DES-4993)
- Publish the application and fix any validation errors. Then try to export the application again.
- Normally, the Delete option is not available for applications that have assigned phone numbers (these applications only display the option to Disconnect). However, when Designer initially loads the Applications page, the Delete option is temporarily available for all applications. During this time, a user might accidentally delete an application that has assigned phone numbers. (DES-4661)
- Contact Genesys Customer Care to have the deleted application restored.
- When exporting a digital application, messages in Chat Transcript and Send Email blocks are not detected as dependencies. Only messages in Chat Message blocks are detected as dependencies. (DES-4572)
- Importing applications that were exported from Designer 188.8.131.52 (or earlier) with the globalCommands feature enabled into later versions of Designer does not preserve this setting, as the global commands setting at the application level remains disabled. (DES-4476)
- After import, go to Application Settings > DTMF Options and select Enable Global Commands.
- If you re-import an application file (*.dar) containing data tables that reference local business hours and special days, duplicate objects are created. (DES-4432)
- Don't re-import such a file. If it must be imported, delete the existing objects that will be replaced by the new import.
- True or false columns in data tables cannot be edited using Firefox or Safari on OS X. The user interface shows a checkbox that cannot be changed. (DES-4036)
- Use Chrome or Opera to set such columns on OS X. (Windows browers do not exhibit this issue.)
- Callback dispositions might not be reported correctly if a callback booking fails (for example, due to a system error). (DES-4022)
- If you use the backspace key when a popup window is open (but the cursor is not active on it), the background page goes to the previous screen, but the buttons on the popup window no longer function (for example, to close or cancel). (DES-3874)
- Refresh the page, or close and restart Designer.
- When using Special Days as exceptions to Business Hours, the date ranges in the Special Days object cannot be disabled using the checkbox. If you want to disable a date range, you will have to delete it from the Special Days object. (DES-4018)
- Designer cannot be used with Google Chrome version 52. Genesys recommends using a different browser until Google has addressed this issue. (DES-3970)
- You can disable the Chrome cache, but this will have a negative impact on performance.
- If no global Business Hours are defined, the first new business hours created within the pop-up dialog in data tables shows an error message. (DES-3789)
- Create one business hours definition on the main Business Hours page.
- You cannot use single or double quotation marks when specifying the payload key field in the Milestone block. (DES-3432)
- Column definitions are not migrated if a data table is exported and then imported into a different table. This is not supported. (DES-3449)
- When a data table is exported with a Key column that is not the first column is imported into a new data table, the import completes correctly, but the first column is set as the Key column. (DES-3448)
- If you make changes to the column settings of a data table, it disables the ability to edit the row values, which can prevent you from fixing row validation errors. (DES-3222)
- To correct row validation errors after changing column settings, cancel the changes to the column settings, edit the row values to satisfy the validation errors, then edit and save the column settings.
- If a HTTP REST block is configured to use a variable that is later deleted or renamed, the block will notify the user about a missing variable even if the variable is no longer used. (DES-3055)
- Add the variable again, or recreate the HTTP REST block, or select the variable box for the URL, point to any existing variable, and then deselect the variable box.
- While editing data table rows, a column of data type announcement might show the ID of the announcement instead of the name. (DES-3067)
- None required. Functionality is not affected. To confirm the correct audio is selected, use the audio picker.
- To use customer or agent greetings in an Assisted Service module, the module must be bound to the same Audio Collection as the main application. (DES-2967)
- Deleting a Menu block option from the block properties page can result in the option prompt still being played. (DES-2906)
- Do not delete Menu block options. Instead, Genesys recommends that you disable the options by deselecting them. However, you can also recreate the Menu block (adding only the options you want), or add the deleted menu option back, specify a short silence file for the audio, and then delete the option again.
- For IVR-only applications, ICM variables are not returned if:
- A system error occurs during the call.
- The application ends with something other than a Terminate block or Transfer block. (DES-2549)
- Route Call blocks in shared modules might not correctly display the skill(s) used with the Skill based routing with relaxing criteria > Specify Skills in this block option. This is a display issue only and all skills that you specified are used for routing. (DES-1913)
- To fix this display issue, select all selected skills to see the specified skills.
- Users might experience a slight delay when they log in if Role-Based Access Control is enabled. (DES-1886)
- The process for importing a CSV file into a Data Table sometimes fails in certain browsers, even though Genesys Designer displays an Imported message to indicate the process was successful. (DES-1810)
- Retry the import process using the latest version of Firefox.
- It is possible to add an Announcement prompt in the Special Day block without choosing an announcement, and Designer does not flag the issue when you click Publish to save and verify your application. (DES-1316)
- Always choose an announcement when you add an Announcement prompt in the Special Day block.
- The validation check does not return invalid variable names defined in the Initialize block, such as variable names starting with a number that create a runtime errors when a call is made. (DES-334)
- If non-numeric input is given to block properties that expect numeric input, the value is removed automatically and not saved in the application. The validation process also does not catch these mismatches. (DES-307)
- Provide valid numeric values for block properties that require numeric input to function correctly.
- You can play multiple audio files simultaneously from the announcements page. Playing an audio file does not stop the previous file from playing. (DES-249)
- Stop the previous file before playing a second one.
- In Internet Explorer 11, newly added applications are not listed, which prevents access to the new application while editing. (DES-86)
- Use Chrome or Firefox to add the application or restart Internet Explorer.