- 1 Designer (v9)
- 1.1 January 23, 2020 (9.0.110.07)
- 1.2 December 17, 2019 (9.0.109.08)
- 1.3 October 22, 2019 (9.0.108.03)
- 1.4 September 26, 2019 (9.0.107.06)
- 1.5 September 23, 2019 (9.0.107.05)
- 1.6 August 19, 2019 (126.96.36.199)
- 1.7 March 12, 2019 (9.0.102.03)
- 1.8 February 21, 2019 (188.8.131.52)
- 1.9 January 18, 2019 (184.108.40.206)
- 1.10 Known Issues
- January 23, 2020 (9.0.110.07)
- December 17, 2019 (9.0.109.08)
- October 22, 2019 (9.0.108.03)
- September 26, 2019 (9.0.107.06)
- September 23, 2019 (9.0.107.05)
- August 19, 2019 (220.127.116.11)
- March 12, 2019 (9.0.102.03)
- February 21, 2019 (18.104.22.168)
- January 18, 2019 (22.214.171.124)
- Known Issues
January 23, 2020 (9.0.110.07)
- When publishing an application, Designer now validates the parseInt(string, radix) function used by the Advanced Scripting tab of the Assign Variables block and displays a warning if the value of the radix parameter is missing or invalid. (DES-8876)
- Note: If you are using cloned Callback modules in the application, this validation returns an error that prevents the application from being published. See Known Issues for more details and workaround information.
- Designer now correctly calculates the amount of time an interaction has spent in the parking queue when the interaction is routed to an agent after business hours are resumed and the agent misses or rejects it. (DES-9067)
- The Bot block now stores the value of the Store latest response from bot variable for voice and chat responses in the same format. (DES-9124)
- Designer now correctly retains the settings for a partition when you add multiple users to it from the Partitions tab. (DES-9100)
- In Designer Analytics, percentages are now displayed correctly on dashboard panels that use the number value type. (DES-8878)
- Designer no longer prevents additional changes from being made to a business controls resource if multiple changes are made to the resource within a short period of time. (DES-8700)
December 17, 2019 (9.0.109.08)
- Designer's survey capabilities are expanded to include the ability to offer chat-based surveys to your customers. If a customer who is engaged in a chat session opts to participate in a survey, they are presented with the survey questions in the chat window after their chat with the agent is complete. (DES-8953)
Other improvements and changes
- Intelligent prompts now include French, Cantonese, and Punjabi language packs. (DES-8973)
- Microsoft LUIS (Microsoft Language Understanding Service) bots can now be registered in Designer and used for Self Service via the Bot block. (DES-8866)
- The routing priority of OpenMedia interactions is now auto-managed in Digital applications instead of being configured manually in the Route Digital block. Cloud intelligent Workload Distribution (iWD) provides the initial priority and any priority updates to Designer, and then Designer updates the priority accordingly in all applicable queues. (DES-8861)
- When exiting a Route Call block that has the Clear targets from queue when this block terminates option enabled, Designer now correctly clears a call from the virtual queue. (DES-8736)
- When Manage Builds is selected for an application that has builds available, Designer no longer displays a message that no builds have been generated for that application. (DES-8798)
- Dialog Engine V2 bots can now be registered in Designer and used for Self Service via the Bot block. (DES-8740)
- Designer now uses Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) to adjust for local time zones when determining when a data table was last modified or published. (DES-8622)
- An issue that caused Analytics to sometimes report duplicate details about busy treatments is now resolved. (DES-8126)
- For scheduled callbacks, they will now be correctly purged after the desired time of their callback, or at the end of the business day (whichever comes first). (DES-8020)
October 22, 2019 (9.0.108.03)
Optional LIVE B stream
- Designer now provides an optional LIVE B stream in addition to the existing LIVE stream. This enables you to run a second application in LIVE production mode, which gives you greater flexibility in how you can introduce new application builds into your production environment. For example, each LIVE stream can have different contact points assigned to it, so you could allocate interactions coming from a certain region to a particular stream, or use the streams to balance (or gradually introduce) the number of interactions being handled by a new production build. (DES-8488)
Resource history view
- Designer now provides a history view for most resources, such as applications, shared modules, media files, audio collections, and business controls. This view allows you to see the historical details for a selected resource, such as the date of each change, who made the change, and the previous value. In some cases, you can drill down further into the results to view additional details for a specific edit. You can also sort, filter (for example, view the history for a certain time period), search, and export the results to a file. (DES-8450, DES-8451, DES-8452)
Other improvements and changes
- If a digital interaction is transferred to another application (such as when an application is selected as a destination target in a Route Digital block), the interaction is transferred to the same type of stream for the target application. For example, if the transferring application is running in the LIVE stream, the interaction goes to the LIVE stream of the target application. (DES-8490)
- Support for several new languages is added. You can see a full list of supported languages in the Language menu under System Variables (or whenever there is an option to select a language, such as when managing languages for media resources). (DES-8667)
- When you create a new Bot, Designer now checks to make sure that the name you enter does not contain any invalid characters. Note that Bot names can only contain alphanumeric and the following special characters: plus (+) and minus (-). (DES-8739)
- Several improvements have been made to Designer Analytics, to support better reliability and stability in displaying search and reporting data. (DES-8252), (DES-8261), (DES-8281)
- A new Input timeout value for chat interactions is added to the Input Settings tab of the User Input, Menu, and Bot blocks. (DES-8449)
- An issue that caused some users to experience intermittent disconnections from Designer is now corrected. (DES-6680)
- An issue that caused Designer to stop processing an application if a specified built-in grammar couldn't be found is now corrected. (DES-8676)
- Designer now checks if the variable containing the URL for an external grammar contains a null, undefined, or empty value. If so, Designer logs the result and continues processing the application. (DES-8630)
- During bulk audio uploads, Designer no longer permits media resources that contain non-supported special characters to be uploaded. Note that the only special characters supported in media resource filenames are dots (.), underscores ( _ ) and hyphens ( - ). (DES-8316)
September 26, 2019 (9.0.107.06)
This release includes only resolved issues.
- An issue that prevented Internet Explorer users from logging into Designer is now fixed. (DES-8702)
- For blocks that allow you to specify a navigational target destination when certain conditions are met (such as User Input, Menu, and Bot blocks), Designer now displays an error message during validation if the specified target block destination is missing. You can correct the error by going to the indicated block and re-selecting the target destination. (DES-8153)
September 23, 2019 (9.0.107.05)
- You can now use speech grammars that are stored outside of Designer in your applications. This provides greater flexibility in selecting grammars, as an application can reference both externally-hosted speech grammars and the ones that are included with Designer.
Other improvements and changes
- The Record Utterance block now allows you to select an audio format for your recording files.
- Designer now displays a validation error message if an external speech grammar does not have at least one input Mode selected.
- Also, when viewing the properties of a speech grammar from a User Input block, the display of the interface is improved so that all details are fully visible.
- When you clone an application and generate the first build for it, the build versioning now starts at 1.
- Users with DesignerAdmin and DesignerBusiness roles are now able to successfully assign builds to streams, and also to enable or disable them. (DES-8232)
- In Designer Analytics, the filtering tools now correctly apply all of the specified conditions. (DES-8068)
- Designer now correctly imports files exported from other Designer 9 releases. In some cases, Designer would display a message that the files being imported were not compatible with that particular version of Designer. (DES-7553)
- The value for the Bot invocation result code is now correctly captured by Designer Analytics. Previously, this value was not appearing in analytics reports even though a variable was assigned to it. (DES-7852)
- Designer now correctly ignores Debug blocks when application builds are running in the Live stream. (DES-8655)
- For variable-driven priority routing, Designer now applies a default priority value if the variable specified contains a value that isn't valid (i.e. undefined or not able to be converted to a number). (DES-8495, DES-5590)
- When you select one of the options provided on the Navigation tab of certain blocks (such as Start Treatment, Click-to-Call-In Match, or Segmentation), Designer now retains your selection if you go back to the tab after clicking on another tab. (DES-8418)
- For blocks that have a text box for specifying target destinations (such as the Go To or Start Treatment blocks), Designer now retains the associated target if you unintentionally clear it by clicking inside of the text box. (DES-8407)
- An issue that caused Designer Analytics to sometimes not display all session details for a call even when the call completed without any errors is now corrected. (DES-8258)
- Designer now allows you to update an existing media resource file with a new file that has the same name. (DES-8059)
- An issue that caused certain users to see an intermittent message that Designer had disconnected is now corrected. (DES-8048)
- The Bot block is improved to correctly handle "no match" and "no input" scenarios for chats. (DES-7465)
- Designer now correctly by-passes Route Call blocks when the variable for the timeout value is defined as 0 (zero). (DES-7246)
- For callback applications, Designer now disconnects all dialed calls automatically when the call session ends. (DES-8478)
- Immediate callbacks are now processed correctly if the connection is interrupted while a caller is receiving their callback booking confirmation. (DES-8003)
- Callback handling has been improved in multi-switch environments. (DES-6631)
August 19, 2019 (126.96.36.199)
Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and SMS
- Designer is now capable of handling messages coming from Facebook (Public and Private), WhatsApp, Twitter (Public and Private), and SMS. If a customer contacts you from one of these social media platforms or services, Designer detects which channel the message is coming from and launches the appropriate application for managing and routing that type of interaction. If applicable, Designer can also send or post messages back to the incoming channel.
Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Designer now supports single sign-on (SSO), which lets you access supported PureEngage Cloud applications with one login. Once you've signed-in and been authenticated by a third-party identity provider (such as Okta), you can then go to any SSO-enabled application and be automatically logged in without needing to enter your credentials.
- The new Send SMS block lets you send an SMS (Short Message Service) message to a customer from any application type or channel. Important: This functionality is not supported for Callback applications.
Parking Queue Routing
- The Route Call and Route Digital blocks have a new option, Parking Queue, added to the list of available routing types. When selected, Designer sends digital interactions to a parking queue when the contact center is closed and retrieves them again when the contact center is open (as per the regular business hours specified in the Business Hours block).
N-best setting for speech recognition
- You can now configure an N-best threshold setting for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR). If a customer's response isn't clear or is difficult to understand (for example, perhaps there is a lot of background noise), the N-best setting enables Designer to formulate a "best guess" as to what it thinks the customer intended to say, and then confirm if that was their intended response. You can configure this option globally by going to the Speech Recognition tab in the Application Settings and using the slider to adjust the Max N-best setting. Or, you can set it locally from the ASR Settings tab on the User Input block.
Other improvements and changes
- For bulk audio imports, when importing new media resources to a collection, Designer now displays the progress of the import.
- The Upload Record Utterance option in the HTTP REST block now supports custom headers.
- You can now view the flows of application builds and shared module versions in read-only mode.
- On the Applications page, you can now search by entering a specific phone number in the Search bar.
- When managing contact points for an application, you can now select phone numbers to be assigned in bulk or transferred to another application, without any interruption to service. Two new buttons are introduced to provide this functionality: Batch Assign lets you assign multiple phone numbers to the application, and Transfer from Others lets you transfer multiple phone numbers to other applications, or to other streams of the current application.
- An issue that caused certain users to intermittently see a message that Designer had disconnected (i.e. "Oops! Designer cannot reach the HTCC server") is now corrected. (DES-7678)
- If a Designer Role is modified in Platform Administrator, Designer now correctly interprets and applies the privileges of that role. (DES-7664)
- On the Shared Module block, if the user navigates away from the Signature tab, the Input Parameters radio button remains selected (as the default) if the user goes back to that tab. (DES-7579)
- Designer Analytics no longer incorrectly applies a final disposition of Terminated - Auto Stop to sessions when digital interactions were already routed. (DES-8007)
- Designer now displays assigned chat endpoints correctly when the name contains an underscore ("_"). (DES-7909)
- When the Specify Skills in this block option in the Route Call block is enabled, the radio button now correctly indicates that the option is selected. (DES-7813)
- For applications enabled for chats, the Treatments tab of the Route Call block now lets you specify the number of seconds that should elapse between each treatment iteration. This setting prevents chat customers from receiving too many update notifications while waiting for an agent, and is ignored for voice interactions. (DES-7751)
- Bulk audio imports have been enhanced:
- Designer now lets you know if a media resource specified in the CSV file doesn't exist in the package being imported. You can correct this by adding the missing file or removing the resource from the CSV file. (DES-7749)
- If numbers are used to specify Text-to-Speech values in a CSV file, Designer no longer incorrectly flags this as a validation error. (DES-7738)
- In the Application Settings, the Speech Recognition values are now updated accordingly when adjusted by the sliders. (DES-7729)
- Designer now applies the correct disposition code ("Abandoned in Queue") if the Clear on Timeout option is enabled in the Route Call block and a caller in the queue disconnects. Previously, Designer was applying the "System Error" disposition code in this type of scenario. (DES-7723)
- Designer now correctly handles Special Day exceptions for Business Hours when the specified date range is only one day. (DES-7639)
- If you generate a new build, Designer no longer assigns it a build number that was already used. Previously, Designer would re-use numbers of deleted builds.(DES-7484)
- An issue that caused some of the panels on the default home dashboard to display average (mean) values as invalid text is now corrected. (DES-7478)
- During application exports, media resource files that are specified as manual dependencies are now included in the exported DAR file. (DES-7458)
- In the Statistic block, the width of the Objects drop-down menu is increased so that items with longer names are displayed in full. (DES-4708)
- The Send Test Request option on the Test tab of the HTTP REST block is now working correctly for requests that use a proxy. (DES-7634)
March 12, 2019 (9.0.102.03)
Google Automated Speech Recognition
- Designer applications can now tap into the powerful machine learning capabilities of Google's Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) engine to transcribe speech inputs provided by customers. This option is added to the Input tab of the User Input block, where you can enable it by selecting Transcribe (Google ASR). Google ASR is also enabled by default on the Input Settings tab of the Bot block.
Bulk audio upload
- You can now add multiple media resources to a collection using the Import Bulk Audio option. This enables you to upload a zip file that contains the media resources you want to import into the collection.
- During a chat session, option prompts configured in the Menu block now appear in the chat window as "quick reply" buttons. These are buttons that correspond to the options presented to the customer and allows them to quickly reply to the prompt by clicking a button rather than typing their response.
Other improvements and changes
- The streams and builds workflow capability is expanded to include callback type applications.
- Designer now supports Punjabi (pa-IN).
- When using the Route to another Application option in the Route Digital block, the current application is no longer listed as one of the available target selections. (DES-7297)
- When an application processes a block that collects customer data (for example, a User Input, Menu, or Bot block), Designer now only considers customer messages received after that block is processed. (DES-7324)
- When publishing a media collection, languages that were previously deleted no longer appear in the list as added languages. (DES-7233)
- For digital applications, the option to assign or manage endpoints is now enabled only after the application is published. (DES-7324)
- When an outbound call fails to be created, Designer no longer disconnects the call and generates an error message. (DES-5839)
- When a callback is accepted, Designer now waits until all reporting processing is completed before making the outbound call. (DES-5804)
February 21, 2019 (188.8.131.52)
Rich media enhancements
- The Play Message block now lets you display an image to a customer during a chat session. You can enable this option on the Message Settings tab, where you can then specify the variable that contains the URL path to the image you want to display.
- Reports for Predictive Routing are added to the Routing Analysis dashboard.
Other improvements and changes
- Several of the user-interface elements have been standardized (i.e. color, style, formatting) to ensure a more consistent user experience across Designer and other Genesys products.
- Designer now checks to make sure that data table names are unique. Previously, a new data table could be saved with the same name as an existing one. (DES-7342)
January 18, 2019 (184.108.40.206)
- Designer is now built as a microservice, which means you'll get faster access to new features and zero downtime during upgrades.
- You can now "build once, and deploy anywhere"; a single call flow can handle both voice and chat interactions.
- Email handling — the new Send Email block lets an agent send an email to a customer, and the new Automated Message block sends an automated confirmation to a customer that their email was received.
- You can use the Bot block in the Self Service phase of your application to add a chatbot to your application. Chatbots are software applications that apply automatic speech recognition and natural language understanding to listen and respond to customers in a way that resembles a conversation with a live agent. You can define and manage your bot resources in the new Bot Registry.
- If your site is enabled for Genesys Predictive Routing, you can use the Predictive Routing block in your applications to take advantage of this powerful routing capability. This feature allows Designer to retrieve a list of agents that are best equipped to handle a specific type of call and then route the call to the agent with the highest likelihood of a successful outcome.
Streams and Builds Workflow
- Designer now features a streams-based workflow, where you can generate multiple builds of an application and assign them to different streams. For example, you can have one build of an application assigned to QA, and another build of the same application assigned to your Live operations. You can manage these builds from the application properties.
- You can now designate certain resources for use in testing, so that non-production builds do not reference resources that are being used in your live operations.
Other improvements and changes
- The new Manage OpenMedia Endpoints setting under Application settings lets you select and assign an OpenMedia endpoint to the application (to support Genesys Task Routing).
- The new Record Utterance block lets you capture a voice recording of a caller that can then be sent to an external API (using an HTTP Rest block) or played back using a Play Message block.
- The new Click-to-Call-In- Match block lets you compare and match a caller's information with details they provided earlier and then route the interaction accordingly.
- The Input tab of the User Input block has two new options (Service and Arg), that are added to support dynamic speech grammars.
- The User Input block has two additional tabs, Confirmation and Confirmation Retry, that let you ask customers to confirm their responses.
- A new option, Set Agent Reservation Priority to current priority option, is added to the Routing Priority tab of the Callback block to apply the current priority of the call at the time an agent was found for the callback to the agent reservation request (when using the Use Priority during Routing option).
- The Routing tab of the Route Digital block has a new option, Route to another Application, that lets you route the interaction to the interaction queue of the selected destination application.
- Speech Grammars is now called Grammars & Bots.
- Audio Resources is now called Media Resources.
- Message Resources is now called Digital Resources.
- The latest version displayed in the What's New pop-up might not match your current version. Designer upgrades are rolled out on a scheduled basis, so this indicates that a global upgrade is in progress and your version of Designer is scheduled to be upgraded. (DES-9197)
- When publishing an application, Designer now validates the parseInt(string, radix) function used by the Advanced Scripting tab of the Assign Variables block and displays a warning if the value of the radix parameter is missing or invalid. However, if you are using cloned Callback modules in the application, the validation returns an error that prevents the application from being published. (DES-8876)
- Workaround: Click the error to jump to the affected block. Find the expression that uses parseInt(parameter1) and add a second parameter for the radix value (e.g. parseInt(parameter1, 10)). Save the application flow and try publishing again.
- In Designer Analytics, the aggstable panel type is removed from the list of available panel types. The functionality of this panel is now migrated to the agg panel type. (DES-7489)
- When using the WhatsApp social media channel, “Unsupported message type” might appear in the chat window if the application flow contains an Intelligent Prompt type message. (DES-9060)
- In chat-based survey applications, the chat transcript is missing from the email sent by the Send Chat Transcript block. (DES-8957)
- The new LIVE B stream is not yet supported for social media interactions (Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.). (DES-8805)
- Designer might unexpectedly freeze if you are using a Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser powered by Chromium v.77. (DES-8637)
- Workaround: This issue is resolved in the latest versions of these browsers. To avoid this issue, update your Chrome and Edge browsers to the latest versions.
- Designer does not support Microsoft Internet Explorer (all versions). Using non-supported browsers with Designer can produce unexpected results. (DES-8654)
- WhatsApp: If a customer responds to a chat prompt by uploading an image from their local machine, Designer accepts the image as a valid response even though it doesn't match the expected input (such as a menu option number). (DES-7887)
- In Designer 9.0, you can only import applications that were created using a 9.0 version. Applications exported from non-9.0 releases are not compatible. (DES-7283)
This page was last edited on January 31, 2020, at 18:01.