Configure the Integrated Capture Point
The procedures in this section are applicable to all types of Capture Point. Differences in configuration between the Capture Points are mentioned specifically in the procedures where necessary. This section contains the following procedures:
Creating the Capture Point application
- The Capture Point functionality is built within Interaction Server 8.1, which means that there is no separate installation package for any type of Capture Points. An Application object for the Capture Point must be configured in Configuration Manager or Genesys Administrator, however. One Application must be configured for each instance of the Capture Point. Interaction Server supports multiple capture points.
- Interaction Server must be installed as described earlier in this guide.
- Login to Configuration Manager or Genesys Administrator, and import the required Capture Point application template from <Interaction Server installation location>\CapturePointTemplates\.
- Create a new Application object based on the template you imported . The CapturePointId will be automatically set to the name of the Capture Point application as configured in Configuration Manager or Genesys Administrator. In iWD compatibility mode, it will also be saved as the IWD_capturePointId property in user data. When the Capture Point is later configured in iWD Manager, the Capture Point ID must be the same as the application name in order to ensure accurate events history reporting and accurate filtering. (The Capture Point Name can be anything).
- Because the Capture Point is integrated with Interaction Server, the host and port information is taken from Interaction Server (which must be listed as a connection on the Connections tab). On the Server Info tab, you can enter the host and port of Interaction Server in the Host field, but the information will actually be taken from the connection to Interaction Server, not the information entered on this tab.
- There is no installation package, so the Application object does not correspond to an installed component. Therefore, the information entered in the Start Info tab are not read. In order to save the Application object, the fields cannot be left blank, so you can enter any text in these fields.
- If you are using a version of Configuration Server that does not support the Capture Point application type, then you must configure the following section and option for the Third Party Server Application object in order for Interaction Server to recognize it as a Capture Point:
- In the properties for the Third Party Server application, create a configuration option section called settings.
- In the settings section, add the option capture-point-type and set its value to:
Configuration Server 8.0.3 supports the Capture Point application type. Earlier releases of Configuration Server should use the Third Party Server application type for capture points. Also, if a version of Configuration Server earlier than 8.0.3 is being used, you should modify the corresponding XML metadata file when you import metadata into Genesys Administrator. In the XML metadata file, replace type="163" with type="23".
The name of the Capture Point Application must start with a letter, contain only alpha-numeric characters and underscores, and cannot be longer than 16 characters and cannot contain spaces.
- jms for the JMS Capture Point.
- kafka for the Kafka Capture Point.
- file for the File Capture Point.
- db for the Database Capture Point.
- webservice for the Web Service Capture Point.
If you do not create this option, the Third Party Server application will not be treated like a Capture Point.
For information about all configuration options for the Capture Point application and configuration options for Interaction Server that are related to the Capture Point functionality, refer to the eServices 8.1 Reference Manual.
- For the JMS Capture Point:
- For the Kafka Capture Point:
- For the File Capture Point:
- For the Database Capture Point:
- For the Web Service Capture Point:
Configuring the Capture Point Service
Purpose To create the service in iWD Manager. Start
- Log into iWD Manager.
- In iWD Manager, select the Services navigation section.
- Locate your Solution in the navigation tree. Expand the Services node in the navigation tree (if necessary), and click New Service.
- From the templates drop down list,
- For iWD 8.1.0 or higher, select the Generic Capture Point service. The Capture Point ID must match the name of the Capture Point Application object that you configured in Creating the Capture Point application. Configure the remaining properties of the service. All other configuration for the Capture Point is done in Configuration Manager or Genesys Administrator by using configuration options.
- For iWD 8.0, select any Capture Point service. The service that you are creating will serve as a "dummy" Capture Point Service. The Capture Point ID must match the name of the Capture Point Application object that you configured in Creating the Capture Point application. The rest of the properties can be left at their default values, as they will not be used. All configuration for the Capture Point is done in Configuration Manager or Genesys Administrator by using configuration options.
- When configuration is complete, click Save. Remember to deploy your changes in iWD Manager.
For a detailed description of the iWD Manager interface, including logging in, the interface layout, and available functionality, refer to the iWD Deployment Guide.