|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Installing GVP with the Deployment Wizard
The Genesys Administrator wizard simplifies the GVP deployment by prompting you for the information that is required to install each component. The Import Wizard enables you to import the GVP installation packages into a repository. You can use the built-in Genesys Administrator Repository, or you can [+] create your own repository.
Then, use the Deployment Wizard to install the GVP components individually with a basic configuration, or to install multiple instances of the same component on different hosts.
The GVP installation CDs contain the installation packages for both Windows and Linux operating systems. See GVP Installation DVDs.
Use the following procedures to install GVP on the targeted host(s):
- Procedure: Importing the Installation Packages into the Repository (using GA)
- GAX Procedures to Upload, Copy, Deploy, Download, or Delete Installation Packages.
- Procedure: Using the Deployment Wizard to Install GVP
Procedure: Importing the Installation Packages into the Repository
Do this before starting the Deployment Wizard to install the GVP components.
- Verift that the installation packages are copied to, and accessible from, the server on which Genesys Administrator is installed or a network drive for which the appropriate permissions are set so that a remote user can access it. Ensure that the folder that contains the installation packages is shared.
- Log in to Genesys Administrator.
- On the Deployment tab, highlight the Repository into which you want the Installation Packages to be imported.
- Click Repository > Installation Packages > Import.
The Installation Packages Import Wizard appears.
- Continue through the Deployment Wizard by performing either of these methods: [+] Installation DVD [+] Single Installation Package
Procedure: Using the Deployment Wizard to Install GVP
The Application objects are created automatically when you use the Genesys Deployment Wizard; therefore, you do not need to import the templates or create the Application objects manually. Use the Genesys Deployment Wizard for both Windows and Linux installation packages.
- Verify that:
- The appropriate prerequisite software is installed on each component, as required. See Prerequisites.
- A new host is added in the Configuration Database for each GVP host. See Procedure: Configuring a Host in Genesys Administrator.
- The LCA is installed on the GVP host(s). See Procedure: Installing the Local Control Agent (Windows).
- The Installation Packages are imported to the Installation Packages Repository. See Procedure: Importing the Installation Packages into the Repository.
- Log in to Genesys Administrator.
- On the Deployment tab, click Repository > Installation Packages.
- Highlight the installation package that you want to install (ensuring that the IP that you select matches the version of the OS on the host).
- On the right side of the Installation Packages page, click the left-arrow button to view the Tasks pane.
- In the Tasks panel, click the Install Package link.
The wizard Single Installation Package Deployment Wizard page appears.
- To enter the information about the target host, click Next:
- Application Name: Enter a name to identify this instance of the application that is to be deployed.
- Target Host: Select the host on which you want to install the Application object.
TipWhen you are installing multiple applications of the same type, use unique names in order to identify them easily.
- To configure the parameters for the component, click Next and then, for each GVP component:
- To specify the Working Directory, accept the default path to the directory where the installation package resides.
- To elect Linux 32-bit operating systems in Linux installations, select 32 from the drop-down menu in the field DataModel.
- [+] Configure these additional Media Control Platform Parameters
- [+] Configure these additional Reporting Server Parameters
- Enter a unique connection port (default is 5000). Genesys Administrator, through Solution Control Server uses this listening port to monitor, start, and stop this application after installation.
- To view the Deployment Summary, click Next.
- To start the Deployment, click Next.
A progress bar appears at the top of the Deployment page.
- To view the Results page, click Next.
- To exit the wizard, click Finish.
- Configure the Application objects to start automatically. See Procedure: Configuring Application Objects to Start Automatically.
- Complete the post-installation activities for the GVP components. See Task Summary: Post-Installation Configuration of GVP.