Following installation, some Genesys Voice Platform (GVP) components require additional configuration to initiate the advanced features and optimize operation. Starting here: read about post-installation activities for the GVP hosts, as well as how to create the database and schema for the Reporting Server.
Task Summary: Post-Installation Configuration of GVP
||Related Procedures and Actions
|Complete the post-installation configuration of GVP components
- Integrate Application objects. See Procedure: Integrating Application Objects with Resource Manager.
- Create server connections. See Procedure: Creating a Connection to a Server.
- Provision and configure Speech Resource objects. See Provisioning Speech Resource Application Objects and Procedure: Assigning the MRCP Server to the Media Control Platform.
|Complete the post-installation configuration for the Reporting Server and database
- If you are installing GVP 8.1.2 or later on the Media Control Platform host, use the following steps to configure the grammars:
- Change to the root user (su).
- Add the following lines to the file /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Alias /mcp/ "/var/www/gvp/mcp/"
ExpiresDefault "now plus 5 minutes"
Options Indexes MultiViews
Allow from all
- On the Apache Web Server (Linux only), modify the /etc/mime.types file. Type: application/srgs+xml.
- Configure the CTI Connector for Cisco ICM Integration. See Procedure: Configuring the CTI Connector for Cisco ICM Integration.
- Provision the PSTN Connector. See Procedure: Configuring the PSTN Connector, and Procedure: Configuring a Trunk DN for the PSTN Connector.
- Provision the Supplementary Services Gateway for outbound-call initiation. See Procedure: Provisioning the Supplementary Services Gateway, and Procedure: Configuring DNs for the Supplementary Services Gateway.
- Create DNs for the Supplementary Services Gateway:
- a. Create a Routing Point DN to use for outbound calls with the legacy GVPi (if required). See Procedure: Configuring a Routing Point DN.
- Create a VoIP Service DN to initiate MSML dialogs (if required). See Procedure: Configuring a Voice Over IP Service DN.
- Create a Voice Treatment Port (VTP) DN to play IVR Profile VoiceXML dialogs (if required). See Procedure: Configuring a Voice Treatment Ports DN.
- (Optional) Install and configure security certificates to enable the Supplementary Services Gateway to interact with SIP Server over secure TLS ports. See Chapter 3 in the
GVP 8.5 User's Guide.
- Prepare the Call Control Platform to make a call. See Procedure: Configuring the Call Control Platform.
- If you are deploying GVP 8.1.2 in a multi-tenant environment, create the child tenants in the hierarchy.
To create child tenants manually or import multiple tenants from a file, see
Genesys Administrator 8.1 Help.
- If you are deploying GVP 8.1.3 or higher, and require Resource Manager High Availability, configure SIP static routing for MCP, CCP and CTI Connector to work with an Resource Manager pair in active active HA mode. Set the [sip]transport.staticroutelist parameter to each Resource Managers IP address. For example, [sip]transport.staticroutelist=22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199.
Also: configure the Resource Managers in the same group to listen on the same port number.
- Group and configure the GVP resources, IVR Profiles, and DIDs for ease of management and administration. See Using Resource Groups.
Before you begin to plan and configure your GVP resources, there is important information you should know about tenant permissions and assigning DID Groups in multi-tenant environments. See HMT Permissions and Access Rights
- Assign and configure the default tenant, and create the default profile. See Assigning Default Tenants and Creating Default Profiles.
|Complete the post-installation configuration of the Reporting Server and database.
- Integrate and configure the Reporting Server. See Procedure: Configuring the Reporting Server User Interfaces.
- Configure the Locale on Reporting Server (if required). See Procedure: Configuring the Reporting Server Locale.
- Install the database. See Configuring the Reporting Server Database. For information about the supported databases and versions, see Prerequisites.