Redundant (HA) SNMP Master Agents
You can configure redundant SNMP Master Agent Applications for use by Solution Control Server (SCS) to communicate using the AgentX protocol if the current SNMP Master Agent is not available.
Both Net-SNMP and Genesys SNMP Master Agent implementations of SNMP support redundant configuration when used with SCS and LCA 8.5.1 or newer. A redundant configuration consists of two SNMP Master Agent Application objects, one primary and one backup. When SCS loses a connection with the primary SNMP Master Agent, SCS switches all NMS communications to the backup. The only difference is in the redundancy type set in the primary Genesys SNMP Master Agent Application object—Hot Standby for the Genesys SNMP Master Agent implementation, and Not Specified for Net-SNMP.
Configuring Redundant SNMP Master Agents
To configure redundant SNMP Master Agents, do the following:
- Configure two SNMP Master Agent Application objects using the same instructions as for stand-alone SNMP Master Agents. Determine which one of these will be, in normal operation, the primary object, and which will be the backup object.
- In the Server Info section of the Configuration tab of the Application object that is to be the primary SNMP Master Agent:
- Select the other SNMP Master Agent Application object (the one that is to be the backup object) as the backup server.
- Specify the Redundancy Type appropriate for which SNMP implementation you are using, as follows:
- For Net-SNMP, select Not Specified.
- For Genesys SNMP Master Agent, select Hot Standby.
Starting and Stopping a Backup SNMP Master Agent
To start and stop a backup SNMP Master Agent, whether you are using Net-SNMP or Genesys SNMP Master Agent, refer to Starting and Stopping Framework Components.