|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Deploying Configuration Layer
The Framework Configuration Layer is a mandatory part of any Genesys installation and is the first step of the Framework deployment.
- Refer to Network Locations for Framework Components for recommendations on the network locations of these components.
- Create a new database following the instructions in your DBMS documentation.
If you are installing the Framework for the first time, follow the instructions for a first time deployment. If you are upgrading your Genesys Framework, refer to the Framework Migration Guide. Otherwise, to install new individual components, follow the instructions on the following pages to install the appropriate Configuration Layer component.
After you have a successfully installed and configured Configuration Layer components, you can implement any of the following, as appropriate:
- Enable the Management Layer to control the Configuration Layer (recommended)
- Encrypt a password for the Configuration Database (recommended)
- Configure a user inactivity timeout to disable logged-in users after a period of inactivity. Refer to the Genesys Security Deployment Guide for instructions.
- Configure redundant Configuration Servers in HA pairs.
- Configure one or more Configuration Server Proxies.