The figure below Data Flow—WFM Components shows the Workforce Management components and their interrelationships. It also shows how WFM draws on Configuration Layer data and statistical data that Stat Server provides.
Figure: Data Flow—WFM Components
Table: WFM Component Connections shows the connections that are configured on the Connections tab of each component’s Application object. These connections offer an alternative, but complementary, way of understanding the Workforce Management architecture. Here are some things to consider:
- As you can see, WFM Server acts as a hub, connecting to, and being connected to, every component.
- The WFM database, represented in Table: WFM Component Connections by its Data Access Point (DAP) (see Create a Data Access Point), forms a different sort of central hub with many of the components connecting directly to it. Others connect indirectly, through WFM Server.
- Through its connection to Stat Server, WFM Data Aggregator provides one point of interaction between Workforce Management and the Genesys Framework. All components are connected to the Configuration Layer in the sense that they exist as objects in the Configuration Database.
- If you are using Management Layer, the Message Server connections and the WFM Solution object specification of the instance of Solution Control Server (SCS) used to control the solution also connect Workforce Management with the Genesys Framework.
Table: WFM Component Connections
|Component name||Connections to:|
|Server||Builder||Daemon||Data Aggr.||Web||DAP||Stat Server||Msg Server|
- X—single connection
- X+—one or more connections
- (X)—optional connection
Footnotes to Table:
- Configure the Message Server connections if you are using Management Layer to run Workforce Management.
- WFM Server may connect to other instances of WFM Server if you are using an environment with a number of WFM Servers and want to create schedules for all the sites they serve. For information about how to create this configuration, see Configuring Multiple WFM Server Applications and Multi Forecasting Primer.
- You can configure and connect to multiple instance of WFM Builder. See Configuring Multiple WFM Builder Applications.
- Although the WFM Daemon connection to WFM Web is marked as optional (X), it is required if you want to use WFM's scheduled reporting. For example, if this connection is not set, WFM Daemon cannot generate the Report Scheduler.