- 1 Troubleshooting WFM Components and Connections
- 1.1 See Other Troubleshooting Topics
- 1.2 Expired Digital Signature or Security Certificates
- 1.3 Blank Screen When Attempt to Access WFM Web
- 1.4 Unable to Connect to Data Source
- 1.5 Determine the MDAC Version
- 1.6 "DA Server Not Found" Error
- 1.7 "Host Not Found" Error
- 1.8 WFM Data Aggregator Does Not Start
- 1.9 WFM Web Does Not Open
- 1.10 Applets Do Not Load in WFM Web
- 1.11 Cannot Log In to WFM Web
- 1.12 "WFM Server Cannot be Reached" Error
- 1.13 The Agent Weekly Preference View Does Not Display 24-Hour Graphical Data
- 1.14 Synchronization with the Configuration Database Takes an Unreasonably Long Time
- 1.15 Procedures
Troubleshooting WFM Components and Connections
To troubleshoot your Workforce Management components and connections, see the suggestions for resolutions to specific issues on this page.
See Other Troubleshooting Topics
Expired Digital Signature or Security Certificates
Even if you set up Genesys (or Sun) as a trusted publisher in your browser, you might see one of the following messages:
The digital signature was generated with a trusted certificate but has expired or is not yet valid.
The security certificate has expired or is not yet valid.
As a common practice, Genesys renews its certificates once a year. Sun does not provide certificate renewal for javahelp, so it expired in 2004.
Here is how to respond to that warning message:
- During your first access of WFM Web, check the always trust option in both warning messages. This will mark certificates as trusted and the user will not see these warnings again.
- Import the certificates to the Java plug-in manually for each new user. Certificates for import could be exported from any workstation where WFM Web has been already accessed and certificates where confirmed with the always trust option check.
An applet that is signed with a certificate that has expired is still safe to download or use, but only if the applet was signed when the certificate that was issued by the Certificate Authority (CA) was still valid. If it was, then according to the specification for signing Java applets, the applet is valid. Also, according to the specification, it is the responsibility of the JVM to warn the user if an applet has been modified after it was digitally signed with a certificate issued by a CA.
As long as the JVM does not return an error stating that the applet has been modified since it was signed, the applet is still valid and safe to run.
Blank Screen When Attempt to Access WFM Web
If you are using Tomcat and this issue occurs, it might be because you only have the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed and not Sun’s Java Developers Kit (JDK) software. Tomcat 5.0.x requires the JDK. If you look at the Tomcat logs, you will see an error saying that java compiler was not found. If you don’t want to install the JDK, then the other option is to use Tomcat 5.5.x, which only requires the JRE.
Unable to Connect to Data Source
If you cannot connect to your database, verify the following:
- That the correct versions of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) and Jet are installed on your computer. See Determine the MDAC Version.
- You have added the Database Access Point (DAP) on the Connections tab of the Application object of the component you are using.
- You have configured the DAP correctly.
- Your database is set to be case insensitive.
Determine the MDAC Version
Microsoft supplies a free diagnostic program, MDAC Configuration Checker, that scans your computer to determine whether or not you are running the correct version of MDAC. You can download the program from the Microsoft web site. See Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Manual for the current MDAC requirements.
"DA Server Not Found" Error
Data Aggregator is not running. Start it manually, under Windows Services.
"Host Not Found" Error
The host names you configure in Configuration Manager are case sensitive and must be lowercase.
- Rename the host and try the procedure again.
WFM Data Aggregator Does Not Start
When WFM Data Aggregator is running as a Windows Service on a host computer and the host is shut down and restarted, Data Aggregator leaves an open connection to Configuration Server. This causes Data Aggregator to fail to start after rebooting. In particular, Service Manager indicates a status of Starting for the WFM Data Aggregator service for a long time after you try to start it.
In this situation, use the procedure Closing an Incorrect Connection Between Data Aggregator and Configuration Server to restart WFM Data Aggregator.
WFM Web Does Not Open
Pop-up blockers interfere with WFM Web for Supervisors operation. If you are running a pop-up blocker on your computer, disable it before trying to open WFM Web for Supervisors.
Applets Do Not Load in WFM Web
WFM Web uses Java Server Pages (JSPs) to create its dynamic web pages. To use WFM Web, your browser must have Java support. If the necessary plug-in was not installed with the browser, you can download the plug-in from www.oracle.com. To learn which version of Java is required, consult the WFM section at the end of the “Product Prerequisites” table in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Manual.
On Supervisors’ workstations, WFM Web uses Java applets that are run by Sun’s Java Plug-in. On Windows operating systems the Java Plug-in is running as ActiveX, which means that supervisors must have rights to run ActiveX controls.
Cannot Log In to WFM Web
The ConfigServer.properties file might be configured incorrectly. This could happen if you installed WFM Web without being connected to Configuration Server or if you manually entered incorrect values when you were configuring the WFM Web Application object.
In this situation, correct the configuration by completing the Correcting the ConfigServer.properties File.
"WFM Server Cannot be Reached" Error
There are two different issues that might be responsible for this error message. If you receive this message sporadically, you might have too few TCP sockets (see Scenario 1). If it occurs every time you open WFM Web, it is probably because it is not correctly configuration (see Scenario 2).
This error message may occur because there are too few TCP sockets for the number of WFM Web for Supervisors connections you are trying to establish. To improve performance:
- Install WFM Web on a separate computer.
- Increase the refresh rate from the default value (2 seconds) to 5 seconds. This should increase the number of supervisors that are able to simultaneously access the Adherence views by approximately 100 percent.
You might have specified the wrong application type when you installed WFM Web. If so, uninstall and reinstall WFM Web, entering the correct values in the Installation Wizard screens.
- If you are running WFM in a Framework 6.x environment, the WFM Web application type must be ThirdPartyServer.
- If you are running in a 7.x environment, the application type should be WFM Web.
The Agent Weekly Preference View Does Not Display 24-Hour Graphical Data
If your Unix server does not have an X Server installed or you have not set the DISPLAY environment variable, the WFM Web Agent Weekly Preferences window is presented without 24-hour graphical information.
For non-Windows environments (such as Unix and Linux), you must have X or some form of X (X11 Server or X Windows server) running and point the DISPLAY environment variable to the machine running X.
Synchronization with the Configuration Database Takes an Unreasonably Long Time
If you are using Microsoft SQL, to reduce synchronization time, make sure that the database AutoShrink feature is turned on.
The procedures in this section relate to the topics on this page.
Closing an Incorrect Connection Between Data Aggregator and Configuration Server
Purpose: To enable WFM Data Aggregator to restart
Start of Procedure
- In Genesys Administrator, rename the WFM Data Aggregator Application object, and then click OK to close the Properties window.
- Reopen the Properties window and change the Application object name back to the original and then click OK again. Doing this clears the connection.
End of Procedure
After this, WFM Data Aggregator should immediately connect to Configuration Server. To prevent this issue from happening again, before shutting down and/or rebooting the host computer, use the Services window to stop the WFM Data Aggregator Service.
If WFM Data Aggregator fails to start, it writes a message to the daerror.log file, which is located in the WFM Data Aggregator working directory. Use this log file to diagnose the issue that is preventing WFM Data Aggregator from starting correctly.
Correcting the ConfigServer.properties File
Purpose: To correctly configure the ConfigServer.properties file.
Start of Procedure
- Remove the incorrectly configured application from the servlet runner.
- Reinstall WFM Web, providing correct values during the installation.
- Deploy the newly installed application.
- If reinstalling WFM Web does not resolve the issue, check that you have entered the correct URL for WFM Web, remembering these points:
- The URL is case sensitive.
- Do not include login.asp or login.jsp in the URL. The URL should simply point to the application virtual directory.
End of Procedure