The Permalink feature enables you to save a network address for a particular item, such as a query or a report. This makes it easy to access the item again. After you select search criteria for a new interaction search, you can generate and save a Permalink to the query. After you have copied the Permalink you can paste into the Address field of your browser. When you press Enter, the search form is opened with all of your search criteria specified. You can save the Permalink on your computer or as a favorite in your browser, or you can send it to other users by e-mail or IM. Then, when you or the recipient want to run the search, you need only open the link in a browser.
In some cases, when you generate a Permalink, you can specify whether is can be accessed by anyone who has the link or only by SpeechMiner users who have permissions in the system for the item. In these cases, if you choose the latter option, users must provide their SpeechMiner username and password in order to access the item. When this option is not available, a SpeechMiner username and password are always required.
Permalinks can be created for a variety of item types, including specific interactions, interaction searches, reports, and coaching sessions. When you choose to generate a Permalink for one of these items, a Permalink dialog box opens and displays the Permalink URL. For information about how to use this dialog box, see below. For information about how to open the dialog box in a particular screen, see the section of this manual that describes the screen.
To save a generated Permalink:
- In the Interactions list page, click Copy in the Permalink for the list whose permalink you want to copy.
- At the bottom of the Permalink dialog box, select Allow Anonymous if you want to permit users to open the link without a username and password. If you do not select this option, a username and password for a user account with permissions for the linked item will be required.
ImportantAllow Anonymous is dependent on specific permissions and is not available for all types of Permalinks.
- Copy the link:
- When working with Explorer click Copy & Close.
- When working with Chrome manually select and copy the link and click Close.
- Paste the link in a text file, the Address field of your browser, an e-mail message, etc., as required.
The Permalink window opens with the link to the current list of interactions.
Most Permalinks only enable users to open interactions that belong to partitions for which they have permissions. Some Permalinks allow users to open interactions from partitions for which they do not have permissions. When this is the case, a warning message appears in the Permalink dialog box: