Configure SNMP Monitoring
This task, Configuring SNMP Monitoring for T-Servers and SIP Server, requires the skills and knowledge of a system administrator, and knowledge of the Genesys installation that is running on your site. Ideally, you or a current colleague installed the Genesys software, so you have—or can easily find—information that you need, such as the location of certain files. You also need an MIB Editor; ideally, one that you have used before.
Before you configure
Verify or perform these requirements:
- Your Genesys software installation must include a current Media Layer SNMP license. Verify with your Genesys marketing representative.
- The applications SNMP Master Agent and Solution Control Server must be installed, configured and running.
- The SIP Server(s)/ TServer(s) that you wish to monitor must be provisioned with <TServer>\management-port and restarted.
For each SIP Server and T-Server, configure <TServer>\management-port. See the option settings in the SIP Server 8.1 Deployment Guide.
- The Network Management System (NMS) must be connected to the SNMP Master Agent.
See the section How to Activate SNMP Support in "Chapter 7: SNMP Interface" of the Framework 8.5 Management Layer User's Guide.
- Import the file GENESYS-SML-MIB-G7.txt to NMS.
Find this file in the working directory of the Solution Control Server application; the person(s) who installed Genesys for your company should know the location. This file contains Genesys-specific SML, MIB, and G71 definitions.
[+] SHOW HOW
[+] SHOW HOW
For each SIP Server / TServer...
- Query the gServersTable and record the value of:
- Set the value 4 (createAndGo) for:
- Set the refresh timeout. For example, 5 seconds for:
Name/OID: gsCtrlAutomaticRefresh.<index>.5 for tsInfoTable
Consider the three steps above as general directions which you can execute in the most efficient way for you.
Consider the five steps below as an example of how one system administrator might configure SNMP Monitoring for T-Servers and SIP Server.
Example steps to configure SNMP monitoring
Your actual steps will be similar:
- With the MIB Editor, Load the imported file GENESYS-SML-MIB-G7.txt.
- Inside GENESYS-SML-MIB-G7.txt, find and read the DESCRIPTION for gServerControlTable and gsCtrlRowStatus.
The description contains information about a table's contents, purpose, and behavior—and how to request data from NMS.
- Get the value of gServerId(s) of SIP Server(s) / TServer(s) from the gServersTable.
- Then set the value 4 (createAndGo) for Name/OID: gsCtrlRowStatus.<index>.5;
…where <index> is the value of gServerId from the step above, to initiate the data collection for tsInfoTable.
- Set the refresh timeout to 5 seconds for Name/OID: gsCtrlAutomaticRefresh.<index>.5 for tsInfoTable
[+] SHOW TABLE DESCRIPTION
[+] SHOW HOW
Set other tables in the same way. For example: gsCtrlRowStatus.<index>.6 for tsCallTable(6).
Use a similar method to set other tables, for example:
gsCtrlAutomaticRefresh.<index>.6 for tsCallTable(6).