Controlling Early Media with a Routing Strategy
In deployments with the Early Media for Inbound Calls feature enabled, this new enhancement (a new charge-type extension key) enables you to create a routing strategy that does the following for an inbound call:
- Switch audio treatments from cost-free early media to an established state (charged) in a SIP dialog, which can be made at the initial TApplyTreatment or at any sequential TApplyTreatment. All consecutive audio treatments in this dialog will be charged.
- Play initial audio treatments in cost-free early media in deployments that are configured to play audio treatments at a cost, until a TApplyTreatment request containing the charge-type key set to 2 (charged) arrives.
The transition from early media to an established state can be made only once within a SIP dialog and only when changing from cost-free audio treatments to charged audio treatments.
This functionality is supported for MSML deployments and is not supported for NETANN deployments.
- Enable the Early Media for Inbound Calls feature as described in the SIP Server Deployment Guide.
- In the routing strategy, specify the charge-type key in AttributeExtensions of the TApplyTreatment request.
Values: 1, 2
If set, the value of this key overrides the value set in the charge-type configuration option for the current call.
- 1—Free. When SIP Server receives this key in the initial TApplyTreatment request, SIP Server forces audio treatments to be played in early media, free of charge, instead of media in the established state, in deployments where the charge-type option is set to 2 (charged). Consecutive audio treatments are played in early media until the new TApplyTreatment request containing the charge-type key set to 2 (charged) arrives.
- 2—Charged. SIP Server forces audio treatments to be played in the established state and ignores the charge-type key value in consecutive TApplyTreatment requests.