HTTP Live Streaming
SIP Server supports HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) in the following scenarios:
- When treatments are applied on a Routing Point (TreatmentPlayAnnouncement/TreatmentMusic)
- For music-on-hold treatments, when a call on the DN is placed on hold, or when a call is waiting on an ACD Queue
The feature is available through the MSML protocol.
To use this feature, SIP Server must be integrated with MCP version 220.127.116.11 or later.
In the SIP Server configuration, do the following as required:
- For music-on-hold treatments, either at an Application or DN level, specify the proper URL to HTTP Live Streaming server in the default-music option.
- For example: default-music=http://123.45.678.90/hls/audio
- For music treatments, in a routing strategy, specify the URI to the HTTP Live Streaming server in the MUSIC_DN treatment parameter.
- For announcements, in a routing strategy, specify the URI to the HTTP Live Streaming server in the TEXT treatment parameter.
In the MCP configuration, specify the format of audio segments in the transcoders parameter.
For example: if audio segments are encoded in the MP3 format, you must add MP3 into the list of transcoders, as follows:
[mpc].transcoders=G722 GSM G726 G729 MP3