Remote Agents with Non-provisioned DNs
Starting with version 220.127.116.11, SIP Server adds support for remote agents and agents with nailed-up connections to use external numbers that are not provisioned in the Configuration Database. These external numbers are used to access the agent during the agent session only, thereby limiting the lifetime of the external numbers to a particular agent session. In other words, after the agent is logged out, any associations with that external number are removed. The phone number to be used for the agent session is passed to SIP Server in the TAgentLogin request in AttributeExtensions as a key-value pair with the agent-phone key. AttributeThisDN of that request points to the default DN assigned to the agent.
- Configure a default DN for a remote agent or an agent with a nailed-up connection on the SIP Server switch, behind the softswitch DN (Voice over IP Service DN with service-type set to softswitch). Set the contact configuration option to an empty value.
- Configure a Person object for each agent and assign it to the Default Place, which must have a DN. The DN can be a primary office DN. If an agent does not have a primary office DN, then a fake DN or an external number can be used. Do not configure any number different from the default DN that the agent can use during the agent session as an internal DN on the SIP Server switch. Internal DNs include Extension DNs, Routing Points, Trunk Group DNs, ACD Positions, ACD Queues, and External Routing Points.
- If an agent with a nailed-up connection must use a dynamically configured external number, configure the following:
- Set the line-type option to 1 in the [TServer] section of the agent's Extension DN.
- (Optional) Set the connect-nailedup-on-login option to gcti::park in the [TServer] section of the agent's Extension DN.
- Configure other configuration options for a nailed-up agent configuration on the softswitch DN.
Specifies the phone number to be used for the agent session.
- If a dynamically defined number is used for the agent session, the agent can only initiate calls using the agent desktop. 1pcc calls originated from the dynamically defined number are not supported.
- Any number different from the default DN that an agent can use during the agent session must not be configured as an internal DN on the SIP Server switch.
- For agents with nailed-up connections that use a dynamically defined number for the agent session, an establishment of the nailed-up connection by calling into a contact center Routing Point is not supported.
- Hunt Groups in Business Continuity (BC) functionality are not supported by this feature. That is, in the BC deployment, agent logging with a dynamically configured external number to a DN that is a member of the Hunt Group is not supported.