VXML Support for Agent Greeting
VoiceXML (VXML) support for agent greeting functionality allows an agent to accept, reject, transfer the call (arrived from a Routing Point), or redirect the call (using TRedirectCall) to a new destination.
When the agent answers the call, SIP Server informs GVP about the VXML file and Genesys Media Server starts its processing. VXML does the following:
- Might play the details about the call collected by URS to the agent.
- Prompts the agent to take action for the call—to accept, reject, or transfer the call to a new destination.
- Collects the result provided by the agent and passes it as user data to SIP Server. The VXML file can collect the result from the agent in the following ways:
- By asking the agent to press the DTMF keys.
- By asking the agent to say some words.
Media Server sends the user data acceptcall to SIP Server in the SIP INFO message which terminates VXML file processing. SIP Server receives the user data and based on that does the following:
- When the agent accepts the call, SIP Server adds the user data acceptcall=true to the call and connects the agent and the caller.
- When the agent rejects the call, SIP Server adds the user data acceptcall=false to the call and returns the call to the same Routing Point.
- When the agent transfers the call to other destination, SIP Server adds the user data acceptcall=false to the call and returns the call to the same Routing Point from which it is routed by URS to the other destination specified by the agent in user data.
Note: Starting with SIP Server release 188.8.131.52, this feature is supported for multi-site and Business Continuity deployments.
This is an example of the msml dialog.exit message sent by the MCP at the end of the VXML when an agent rejects the call:
CSeq: 1 INFO
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 172.24.133.150:53329;branch=z9hG4bK1F4DFBF2-472D-4068-9747-12AF5BA6720E-3
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<event name="msml.dialog.exit" id="conn:__MSML-CONN-ID__/dialog:ivr_application">
To enable VXML functionality, complete these mandatory steps:
In the TServer section of the SIP Server Application, configure the following options:
- greeting-after-merge—Set this option to false.
- greeting-delay-events—Set this option to true.
- greeting-repeat-once-party—Set this option to agent.
- agent-reject-route-point—(For multi-site deployments) Set this option to a valid Routing Point.
- Create a DN of type Voice over IP Service.
- In the TServer section, configure the following options:
- contact—Set to the Resource Manager IP address and port.
- (Optional) prefix—Set to msml=. Required for conference and monitoring services only.
- service-type—Set to msml.
- subscription-id—Set to the name of tenant (used for reliability).
- (Optional) userdata-map-filter—Specify a prefix (or a list of prefixes) that must match the initial characters of the key in the UserData key-value pair, which SIP Server passes to GVP when agent greeting is played.
- Enable personal greetings by specifying agent-greeting and customer-greeting keys in AttributeExtensions of the TRouteCall request.
- Enable VXML functionality by setting the agent-greeting-type key to vxml. Configure the URS strategy to collect some basic details about the call and to route the call to the agent with the agent greeting VXML file. The VXML file can be in a regular file directory (file://) or on a web server (http://). The TRouteCall request must have this VXML file along with agent greeting and customer greeting music files.
- For multi-site deployments: Configure the URS strategy for the Routing Point to route a call to the origination Routing Point on the origination SIP Server. URS can find this information from the AttributeLastTransferOrigDN in the EventQueued message.
Default Value: No default value
Valid Values: Any valid Routing Point
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
Specifies the Routing Point where a call is queued if an agent rejects the call. Use this only in multi-site VXML greeting scenarios with the ISCC transaction type route for determining whether agent is willing to accept the call. URS can route the call from this Routing Point to the origination Routing Point at the origination SIP Server.
Valid values: vxml
- This feature is supported for MSML-based integration only.
- Customer greetings are only voice files. VXML files for customer greetings are not supported.
- This feature is not supported for greetings configured in the Agent Login object.
- The greeting-delay-events option does not work for the direct-uui ISCC transaction type. Delaying EventEstablished until the agent accepts the call is not possible in direct-uui multi-site call flows.