Default Value: False
Valid Values: True, False
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
Specifies how WFM Builder schedules coverage for periods when an activity has staffing forecast.
If the option value is set to true, WFM Builder schedules coverage only for periods when an activity is forecast. If this option value is set to false, WFM Builder builds schedules based on activity open hours, regardless of the presence or absence of staffing requirement.
Workforce Management Builder Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- WFM has improved reoptimization functionality and now removes shift items from manually inserted part-day Exceptions that do not allow shift item overlap. Previously, WFM did not remove shift items from these types of Exceptions during reoptimization. (WFM-31009)
- WFM Builder has new optional functionality that schedules activity coverage only for periods when an activity has a staffing forecast. To enable this functionality, in the WFM Builder application, create the configuration option [Options] LimitOpenHoursByRequirement and set the value to true.
- When WFM is configured with this option, it builds schedules based on the following criteria
- WFM adjusts open hours for each day of the schedule.
- If multi-site activities are in use and the multi-site staffing requirement is split, WFM adjusts the coverage for open hours by the staffing requirement of multi-site activities (MSA). WFM determines staffing of single-site activities that are assigned to MSA activities by checking the MSA staffing requirements using the site timezone.
- WFM adjusts activities open hours based on staffing requirements, using the following rules:
- If there are no staffing requirements in a 24-hour period, WFM considers the activity closed on that day. For example, agents cannot work on that activity on that day. Adjusted open hours start on the first timestep that has staffing requirements and end after the last timestep that has requirements.
- If activities are assigned to Activity Sets, the adjusted open hours must have (at least) the same minimum duration as the Activity Set. For example, if the minimum duration of an Activity Set is 60 minutes and only 15 minutes of staffing is available, WFM extends the open hours to 60 minutes.
- If activities are open for 24 hours and as such are effectively 36-hour activities, WFM considers them open after 24:00, but only if staffing requirements exist at timesteps 23:45 and 0:00 on the next day.
- WFM uses adjusted hours only to make configured open hours narrower or closed for a day.
- WFM cannot use adjusted hours to extend open hours or reopen activities on the day they were configured as closed.
- If WFM finds multi-site activities closed on all days, it will consider staffing local activities.
- (WFM-29523, WFM-29524, WFM-29525)
- WFM Scheduler has improved the verification of scheduled Preferences, leading to more accurate generation of Warning messages. Previously, Preference Warning messages were sometimes issued incorrectly and indicated Preference violations when there were none, and Warning messages were not generated as expected when the minimum number of required Preferences was not met. (WFM-27596)
This release contains the following resolved issues:
WFM Builder now starts successfully, as expected. Previously in some environments, WFM Builder would sometimes fail to start and the following error message occurred: Cannot open port X for listening, reason: The requested address is not valid in its context. (WFM-31500)
WFM now retains Time-Off items after reoptimization when a part-day Time Off was inserted over a part-day Exception. Previously in this scenario, WFM sometimes removed both the Time-Off item and the Exception from shifts after reoptimization. (WFM-31314)
WFM no longer removes breaks from Exceptions that cover an entire shift during schedule reoptimization. Previously, WFM incorrectly removed breaks from Exceptions during reoptimization when the parameter Allowed item overlap was set and the Exception covered the entire shift. (WFM-31062)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 184.108.40.206.