Overriding Workspace Options
You can override a Workspace option by using a routing strategy that overrides the configuration option based on attached data and Transaction objects. This enables you to change the appearance of interactions per line of business based on a key-value pair that is defined in the annex of Transaction objects.
Workspace Web Edition uses Transaction Objects of the object list type. Attach a transaction name or list of transaction names to the interaction in your strategy. The transaction names in the list must be separated by commas. Workspace Web Edition reads the transaction objects at rendering time to override the static options.
Before you begin, ensure that Web Services is deployed and you have a strategy that routes to your agent workstations.
- Configure one or more Transaction objects, of list type, in Genesys Administrator or Composer, by using the standard approach that is used for other object types in the hierarchy.
Transaction objects rely on the option reference to determine if a particular option can be overridden in a Transaction. You can only override options in the interaction-workspace section. Therefore, you must replicate the interaction-workspace section to the annex of the Transaction objects.
- Configure the interaction.override-option-key option to define the key where the Transaction objects are to be listed in attached data.
- Using either Interaction Routing Designer (IRD) or Composer, edit your routing strategy by adding an "Attach" or "Multi-attach" block that attaches the key value pair that is defined below:
- key -- The name of the key that you defined in the option set in Step 2.
- value -- One or several comma-separated Transaction objects, as defined in Step 1.