Parameter Groups are sets of Operational Parameters that are associated with a Routing Strategy. They are deployed as Parameter Group Templates by the Service Provider to the Tenant. The Tenant administrator then assigns values to the Operational Parameters in the Parameter Group. When the URS application executes a Routing Strategy, the values of the Operational Parameters in the associated Parameter Group are incorporated into the call flow.
Access to each Parameter Group is based on the access control settings of the Configuration Transaction object. The following are general guidelines:
- If a user has Update permission to the Transactions folder, where the related Configuration Transaction object will be saved, the user can create a new Parameter Group.
- If a user has Read permission to the related Configuration Transaction object, the user can view the Parameter Group.
- If a user has Update permission to the related Configuration Transaction object, the user can save the Parameter Group.
- If a user has Delete permission to the related Configuration Transaction object, the user can delete the Parameter Group.
It is possible to modify values of Parameter Groups from applications other than GAX (for example, Genesys Administrator or the Configuration Layer). When this occurs, a message appears on the Parameter Group details panel to alert you that the Parameter Group is out of synchronization. You are asked to choose a value from one of the following options:
- Value from Database—The value stored in the Genesys Administrator Extension database will be used.
- Value from Transaction Object—The external value will be used.
Click the Save button to synchronize the Parameter Group.
This screen displays a list of all Parameter Groups for which the tenant that is associated with the logged-in user is associated, and for which you have the required role privileges to view. To refresh the list at any time, click Refresh. You can filter the contents of this list in several ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the Tenant Filter button to open the Tenant filter panel. In this panel, click the checkbox(es) beside the tenants that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the tenant list.
- You can sort the Parameter Groups in the list by clicking on a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order.
You can perform the following tasks in this screen:
- Set or modify the values of the Operational Parameters in the Parameter Group
- Change the template that a Parameter Group uses to another Template as its basis
- Delete a Parameter Group
Set or Modify Values
The Operational Values in Parameter Groups might be assigned default values. It is the responsibility of the Tenant administrator, or someone with the appropriate role privileges, to assign values to these Operational Parameters that are applicable to the Tenant.[+] Click to show procedure
Change the Template
You can change the Parameters that are associated with a Parameter Group and which designated applications the group uses. This cannot be done directly in the Parameter Group, nor in the Parameter Group Template that was used to deploy the Parameter Group.[+] Click to show procedure
Delete a Parameter Group
When you delete a Parameter Group from the database, the Parameter Group Template and its Operational Parameters are not removed from the database. Likewise, the Routing Strategy with which it is associated is not deleted. The main impact of this action is that when URS executes this Routing Strategy for this Tenant, the Operational Parameter values in the Group will not be incorporated in the call flow.[+] Click to show procedure