A Statistical Day is a numerically expressed workload that a particular Agent Group is expected to handle during a particular business day.
If you are using Cost-Based Routing, use a Day Contract. A Day Contract is a special type of Statistical Day. If you are using Cost-Based Routing, a Day Contract is a Statistical Day that also includes base rates, and penalties for processing a volume over or below the expected workload. Day Contracts apply only to Volume Rate IT Contracts. Day Contracts allow the base rate to vary to accommodate volume fluctuations that may occur on different days of the week, weekends, and exception days such as holidays. Refer to the Universal Routing 8.0 Routing Application Configuration Guide for more information about Day Contracts.
Statistical Days represent the definition of a point in time, and is interpreted by the Genesys server applications that are designed with these objects and coordinate them with the actual timeline that the server is running. Depending on the behavior of the server, the definition is applied to either the local time in the server's time zone, or UTC time. The Statistical Day itself does not indicate any particular time zone.
Refer to the Universal Routing 8.0 Routing Application Configuration Guide for more information about Statistical Days.
The Statistical Days list shows the Statistical Days that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by Tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the cube icon to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order. You can add or remove columns by clicking Select Columns.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
To create a new Statistical Day object, click New. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check-box beside an object and click Edit. To delete one or more objects, click the check-box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete. Otherwise, click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a Statistical Day.
- Move To—Move a Statistical Day to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Statistical Days.
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
Use a Statistical Interval to associate each Statistical Interval with certain Statistical Values. For each interval, specify values representing the expected load during that interval. The value must be numeric and unique within the statistical field. When you are configuring a Statistical Day object for use in a Statistical Table of the Capacity Table type, specify:
- Statistical Value 1—A number of agents.
- Statistical Value 2—An average handling time.
- Statistical Value 1—A statistical value that represents the minimum expected workload for the interval.
- Statistical Value 2—A statistical value that represents the target workload for the interval. This value cannot be less than the setting for the Statistical Value 1 or greater than the setting for the Statistical Value 3.
- Statistical Value 3—A statistical value that represents the maximum expected workload for the interval. This value cannot be less than the setting for the Statistical Value 1.