Parameter Group Templates
Parameter Group Templates are sets of Operational Parameters that can be deployed to one or more Tenants, and are defined by the Service Provider. A parameter can be grouped into more than one Group Template. You can also group sets of parameters into sections within a Parameter Group Template to enable you to create Parameter Group Sections within your parameter groups.
This screen displays a list of all defined Parameter Group Templates for which you have the required role privileges to view. To refresh the list at any time, click Refresh. Click a Parameter Group Template in the list, and its properties are displayed to the right of the list. You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field. The list dynamically updates to show items that match the text in the Quick Filter field.
- Click Tenant Filter to open the Tenant filter panel. In this panel, click the checkbox(es) beside the tenants that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the tenant list.
- You can sort the Parameter Group Templates in the list by clicking on a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order.
|Name||The name of the Parameter Group Template. It must be unique in the system.|
|Description||Optional text describing the Parameter Group Template or providing additional information.|
|Parameters|| A list of Operational Parameters that have been added to the Parameter Group Template. The Section(s) to which this Parameter Group Template belongs is also displayed here.
ImportantSections can be deleted. Deleting a section only deletes the section grouping, and does not delete the set of parameters previously within that section.
|Used||(Read-only) Used to deploy a parameter group.|
You can perform the following tasks in this screen:
- Create Parameter Group Templates
- Modify Parameter Group Templates
- Delete Parameter Group Templates
- Manage the list of Operational Parameters in a Parameter Group Template
- Distribute Parameter Group Templates
- Associate applications
- Determine where a Parameter Group Template is used and then change the Parameter Group Template that a Parameter Group uses to a different Parameter Group Template
- View the change history of the Parameter Group Template in the History panel by clicking Related and selecting History
Create Parameter Group Templates
The Service Provider creates Parameter Group Templates, and assigns Operational Parameters to them.[+] Click to show procedure
Modify Parameter Group Templates
Changes that you make to a Parameter Group Template are not propagated to Parameter Groups that use that template.[+] Click to show procedure
Delete Parameter Group Templates
You cannot delete a Parameter Group Template that is currently deployed.[+] Click to show procedure
Manage the list of Parameters
In a Parameter Group Template, you can manage the list of Operational Parameters in the following ways:[+] Adding Operational Parameters to a Parameter Group Template
[+] Change the order of the Operational Parameters in the list of Selected Parameters
[+] Removing Operational Parameters from a Parameter Group Template
Distribute Parameter Group Templates
The Service Provider deploys Parameter Group Templates to Tenants. At this point, the Parameter Group Template becomes a Parameter Group and is associated with a Routing Strategy.[+] Click to show procedure