An Application Template is the model you use for registering a new application in the Configuration Database. An Application Template describes the set of options that applies to an application of a particular type and version.
Before installing a new Genesys application, an Application Template must be available for that application. You can import the generic Application Template that is supplied with every Genesys application, or you can create a new Application Template.
The Application Templates list shows the Application Templates that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by Tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the cube icon to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order. You can add or remove columns by clicking Select Columns.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
To create a new Application Template object, click New. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check-box beside an object and click Edit. To delete one or more objects, click the check-box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete.
Otherwise, click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy an Application Template
- Move To—Move an Application Template to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Application Templates
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
- Import Application Template—Import an Application Template.
Importing Application Templates
Genesys provides generic templates for all Genesys applications. You can find the .apd files for Application Templates, which come with every version of Genesys software, in the Templates folder on a product CD.
To import an Application Template from the .apd file, perform the following procedure.