A Dialing Filter restricts Calling Lists so that only certain numbers are dialed during a Campaign.
The Filters list shows the filters that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by Tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the cube icon to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order. You can add or remove columns by clicking Select Columns.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
To create a new Filter object, click New. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check-box beside an object and click Edit. To delete one or more objects, click the check-box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete. Otherwise, click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a Filter.
- Move To—Move a Filter to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Filters.
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
Click on the name of a Filter to view additional information about the object. You can also set options and permissions, and view dependencies.
Procedure: Creating Filter Objects
- Click New.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click Browse to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of the Filter.
- Description—A brief description of the Filter.
- Format—The format to which this filter is applied. Once it is specified, it cannot be changed. You assign a Filter object to a Calling List object with the same format.
- Tenant—In a multi-tenant environment, the Tenant to which this object belongs. This value is automatically set to the Tenant that was specified in the Tenant Directory field in the object list.
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- Click Save.