The main screen of Genesys Administrator Extension consists of two parts, as follows:
- The header, at the top of the screen, contains the main controls for the user interface.
- The workspace, under the header, is where you perform all the tasks in Genesys Administrator Extension.
The Header area is located at the top of the main screen of the interface, and contains the main controls for the Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) interface from left to right, as follows:
- Menu — Click this button at any time to select a new functional area.
- Module menus — Use the links in the module menus to select the functional area of GAX in which you are going to work. There is one set of links for each module. Click a module link in the menu to select the working area.
- Log out link — Click this link to log out of Genesys Administrator Extension.
- Genesys Administrator link — Click this link to launch the Genesys Administrator application. This link is displayed if you are configured to log in to Genesys Administrator, when you log in to Genesys Administrator Extension.
- Preferences button (tools icon) — Click this button at any time to open the Preferences dialog box, in which you can set your user preferences.
- Help link — Click this link to view context-sensitive Help information.
The user name and tenant of the current user are displayed beside the Log out, Preferences, and Help links. Multiple instances of Genesys Administrator Extension might be connected to the same configuration environment, to support load balancing and high availability. Each instance of Genesys Administrator Extension might be configured to use different sets of functional modules. Not all modules might be available for every instance of Genesys Administrator Extension that is installed in your Genesys environment.
The workspace is located below the header, and is where you perform all tasks in Genesys Administrator Extension. Its length adjusts automatically, depending on what is displayed in it. The workspace displays new panels to the right as new options or functions become available, depending on the choices that you make in the active panel.
The left-most panel contains items that correspond to the selected module which you have selected from the Menu in the header area. The list of items are organized by tenant in multi-tenant environments. You can choose to view all tenants, your default tenant, or selected multiple tenants. You can filter the content of the left-most panel by typing the name or partial name of a tenant in the Quick Filter field. You can sort by tenant or other criteria by clicking the column heads.
When you click an item in the list of items, or when you click New or Add, a new panel opens on the right side. This panel contains controls that you can use to view/edit/modify properties and other information related to the selected (or new) item. Genesys Administrator Extension supports auto-completion of forms and fields, to improve efficiency.
Error and information messages are displayed at the top of the workspace. You must close them manually by clicking the X, or they will accumulate and fill up space in your workspace.
For some objects, you can view an auditing history. Select the object, such as a Personality, to view information about the object in a new panel. In the object information panel, click the Related button and select History. The History panel is displayed to the right. It contains information about the change history of the object.
Availability of Menu Items
Multiple instances of Genesys Administrator Extension might be connected to the same configuration environment, to support load balancing and high availability. Each instance of Genesys Administrator Extension might be configured to use different sets of functional modules. Not all modules might be available for every instance of Genesys Administrator Extension that is installed in your Genesys environment.