This Release Note applies to all 8.5.x releases of Genesys Care Workbench Agent. Links in the Available Releases section enable you to access information regarding a specific release.
Releases are listed by version number rather than in date order. For this reason, a recent release may be listed after earlier releases, if the version number is lower. Except when otherwise noted in the information for a specific release, each release includes all of the features and corrections that were introduced for the applicable operating system at earlier dates, regardless of the version numbering.
You can find Release Notes for particular releases of Workbench Agent at the following links:
|Release||Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
- LFMT Package 8.5.100.00 contains Workbench Agent release 8.5.100.04, LFMT Client release 8.5.100.03, LFMT Collector release 8.5.1000.05, and LFMT Indexer release 8.5.100.03.
- The Workbench Agent is now used for transferring files to the Log File Management Tool (version 8.5.1). The transfer takes place between the Workbench Agent and the Log File Management Tool Collector via a TCP connection with TLS support. The use of the agent for file transfers replaces the need for sending files over SSH via Rsync.
- Added support for file transfer connection pooling between the Agent and the LFMT collector
- There are no enhancements or updates to existing Workbench Agent functionality
If you have existing Workbench Agents installed on your remote hosts (version 8.5.000.xx), these must be uninstalled before proceeding with the installation of the 8.5.1 Workbench Agent. The new 8.5.1 Workbench Agent is backwards compatible will all Workbench versions and is also used for the file transfers for the Log File Management Tool. When provisioning the agents within Genesys Administrator or Genesys Administrator Extension, the default template name of “CC_Agent” must be used. When the LFMT Collector populates the list of available agents within the environment, it will search for all applications provisioned with a template named CC_Agent. A “Mass Deployer” tool is available to push the Workbench Agent to your application hosts. The Mass Deployer tool is bundled with the Log File Management Tool Collector. The Mass Deployer tool can be found within the utilities directory of the LFMT Collector installation directory.
Enabled secure TLS connections with Workbench Server (GTOOLS-1353)
Workbench Build 8.5.100.00 contains Workbench Server release 22.214.171.124, Workbench Log Extractor release 8.5.100.02, and Workbench Agent release 8.5.000.31.
- Workbench Agent enhanced alerts definitions so alerts are correctly displayed on the Workbench Dashboard. (GTOOLS-1612/1616/1622)
- Stop the existing Workbench 8.5.0 application.
- Install Workbench 8.5.1 in a new directory.
- Edit the Working Directory field for the existing Workbench Server application object provisioned in Configuration Server to point to the new Workbench 8.5.1 installation directory.
- Start the Workbench 8.5.1 application.
Genesys Care Workbench is a suite of troubleshooting tools that can help you efficiently identify and resolve issues in a Genesys environment. Workbench collects and analyzes data from multiple sources, and then displays useful troubleshooting information in its dashboards and consoles.
The Genesys Care Workbench Agent is a component of Genesys Care Workbench. It is used to collect environmental metrics and help trigger host-related alarms. In addition, the Workbench Agent can collect operational metrics from Genesys applications. The metrics currently collected include:
- Host CPU, memory, and disk utilization
- Number of calls and agents in the system (when co-located with a SIP Server)
This Workbench Agent release requires:
- Java™ Platform Standard Edition Runtime Environment 8 (JRE™ 8)
This Workbench Agent release supports the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 or later
- CentOS 6 or later
- This is the first release of the Workbench Agent 8.5 and, as such, it contains no corrections or modifications.
There is no upgrade procedure for this release.
Known Issues and Recommendations
The Known Issues and Recommendations section is a cumulative list for all 8.5.x releases. This section provides the latest information on known issues and recommendations associated with this product. It includes information on when individual items were found and, if applicable, corrected. The Resolved Issues section for each release describes the corrections and may list additional issues that were corrected without first being documented as Known Issues.
There are no Known Issues and Recommendations for this initial release.
This section documents features that are no longer supported in this software. This cumulative list is in release-number order with the most recently discontinued features at the top of the list.