This Release Note applies to all 8.5.x releases of Log File Management Tool (LFMT) Indexer. Links in the Available Releases section enable you to access information regarding a specific release.
Releases are listed by version number rather than in date order. For this reason, a recent release may be listed after earlier releases, if the version number is lower. Except when otherwise noted in the information for a specific release, each release includes all of the features and corrections that were introduced for the applicable operating system at earlier dates, regardless of the version numbering.
Link to LFMT Deployment and User's Guide
You can find Release Notes for particular releases of Log File Management Indexer at the following links:
|Release||Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
- LFMT Package 8.5.100.00 contains LFMT Indexer release 8.5.100.03, LFMT Client release 8.5.100.03, LFMT Collector release 8.5.100.05, and Workbench Agent release 8.5.100.04
- Added improved logging statements to enable log file filtering by file id (LMST-584)
- LFMT Indexer periodically checks for files not indexed due to an unknown error (LMST-585)
- LFMT Indexer handles log lines > 256kb (LMST-418)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to this release
- LFMT Build 8.5.000.02 contains LFMT Client release 8.5.000.23, LFMT Collector release 8.5.000.28, and LFMT Indexer release 8.5.000.30.
- LFMT Indexer now properly cleans up log files outside the retention period (LMST-359)
- LFMT Indexer now supports Oracle database connections using service names (LMST-385)
- LFMT Indexer now recovers after a lost Configuration Server connection (LMST-390)
To connect to an Oracle database using a service name, add the following configuration option to the Oracle Database Access Point connected to the provisioned LFMT Indexer application:
- LFMT Build 8.5.000.01 contains LFMT Client release 8.5.000.20, LFMT Collector release 8.5.000.24, and LFMT Indexer release 8.5.000.23.
- LFMT Indexer now properly reconnects to Oracle databases. (LMST-328, LMST-332)
- LFMT Indexer now properly handles Configuration Server failovers. Previously the columns appname and apphost in the log_file database table would not be populated after a failover of CS. (LMST-333)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to this release.
- LFMT Indexer is configured as a separate application in Configuration Server.
- LFMT Indexer 8.5.000.19 requires the Java 8 Runtime Environment (JRE).
- LFMT Indexer 8.5.000.19 requires a new LFMT database.
- LFMT database(s) are configured using Database Access Point (DAP) configuration objects.
- LFMT Indexer 8.5.000.19 supports Windows 2012.
- LFMT Indexer 8.5.000.19 supports TLS connections to Configuration Server.
- LFMT Indexer 8.5.000.19 supports a distributed LFMT deployment.
- LFMT Build 8.5.000.00 contains LFMT Client release 8.5.000.18, LFMT Collector release 8.5.000.18, and LFMT Indexer release 8.5.000.19.
This is the first release of the LFMT Indexer 8.5 and, as such, it contains no corrections or modifications.
There is no upgrade procedure for this release.
Known Issues and Recommendations
The Known Issues and Recommendations section is a cumulative list for all 8.5.x releases. This section provides the latest information on known issues and recommendations associated with this product. It includes information on when individual items were found and, if applicable, corrected. The Resolved Issues section for each release describes the corrections and may list additional issues that were corrected without first being documented as Known Issues.
Index regular expression cannot exceed 80 characters in length.
ID: LMST-527 Found In: 8.5.100.03 Fixed In:
Workaround: No workaround at this time.
This section documents features that are no longer supported in this software. This cumulative list is in release-number order with the most recently discontinued features at the top of the list. Top of Page