|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
This Release Note applies to all 8.5.x releases of Log File Management Tool (LFMT) Collector. Links in the Available Releases section enable you to access information regarding a specific release.
Releases are listed by version number rather than in date order. For this reason, a recent release may be listed after earlier releases, if the version number is lower. Except when otherwise noted in the information for a specific release, each release includes all of the features and corrections that were introduced for the applicable operating system at earlier dates, regardless of the version numbering.
Link to LFMT Deployment and User's Guide
You can find Release Notes for particular releases of Log File Management Collector at the following links:
|Release||Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
Log File Management Tool (LFMT) Package 8.5.101.00 contains LFMT Collector release 8.5.101.05, LFMT Client release 8.5.101.05, Workbench Agent release 8.5.101.03, and LFMT Indexer release 8.5.101.00.
- The filter details for generating a file package were added to the details.txt file within the package (LMST-625)
- The location of the temp file directory can be modified via a configuration option (app_config/ tmp_folder_location) (LMST-638)
- Added local interface binding configuration on the Collector side of the connection to the Agent (LMST-645)
- Removed the need for the name of the provisioned Collector/Indexer host to be lowercase (LMST-640)
- Prevented .tmp files from remaining in the LFMT file transfer temp directory when two applications have the same log file name (LMST-708)
- Added a configuration option to extend the file stream transfer timeout (LMST-693)
- Fixed file copy issues between Linux partitions (LMST-654)
- Fixed null pointer exception that can occur if a provisioned host object did not have a defined IP address (LMST-650)
- Delete or rename the old Collector directory.
- Install the new version of the Collector to the same directory as the previous location.
- Run the database upgrade scripts for version 8.5.101.xx of LFMT included in the utilities directory of the Collector’s install location
- LFMT Package 8.5.100.00 contains LFMT Client release 8.5.100.03, LFMT Collector release 8.5.1000.05, Workbench Agent release 8.5.100.04, and LFMT Indexer release 8.5.100.03.
- Collector no longer leverages RSYNC over an SSH connection for collection requests. All collection requests are completed via a TCP connection to the 8.5.1 Workbench Agent. This removes the need for public-key authentication to hosts and also removes the need for deploying Cygwin on Windows application hosts.
- Added support for collecting from multiple file paths for a single application
- Added support for collection from SIP Server multi-thread logs (via x-sip-log SIP Server configuration option)
- Added ability to raise alarms to the Management Framework for failed collections attempts
- Collector will now refuse collection if the local used hard disk exceeds a configurable threshold
- Added support for maintaining a history of circular logging files (filename.1.log, filename.2.log, etc)
- Added support for configuring the cipher suite used for secure connections to the application host
- Now using the exposed “default” port instead of the “messaging” port for connections from the LFMT Client to the LFMT Collector (LMST-586)
- Support for concatenated values in the log/all property (i.e. stdout, network, etc) (LMST-414)
When provisioning the Collector within Genesys Administrator or Genesys Administrator Extension, the default template name of “LFMT_Collector” must be used. The Workbench Agents white-list the applications that are allowed to connect to the agent by comparing the name of the template
- LFMT Build 8.5.000.02 contains LFMT Client release 8.5.000.23, LFMT Collector release 8.5.000.28, and LFMT Indexer release 8.5.000.30.
- LFMT Collector now supports Oracle database connections using service names (LMST-385)
- LFMT Collector schedules now display the correct “next runtime” after application restart (LMST-369)
- LFMT Collector now recovers after a lost Configuration Server connection (LMST-390)
- LFMT Collector now handles new applications added to Configuration Server since Collector startup (LMST-363)
- LFMT Collector now includes Cygwin deployment utilities with the Linux install (LMST-367)
To connect to an Oracle database using a service name, add the following configuration option to the Oracle Database Access Point connected to the provisioned LFMT Collector application:
- LFMT Build 8.5.000.01 contains LFMT Client release 8.5.000.20, LFMT Collector release 8.5.000.24, and LFMT Indexer release 8.5.000.23.
- LFMT Collector now properly handles collections containing deleted applications. (LMST-327)
- LFMT Collector now properly reconnects to Oracle databases. (LMST-329)
- LFMT Collector now stops collections when less than 500MB is available on CLS. (LMST-330)
- LFMT Collector now properly updates Next Run Times. (LMST-331)
- LFMT Collector now correctly deletes log file packages when expiration time is met. (LMST-334)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to this release.
- LFMT Collector is configured as a separate application in Configuration Server.
- LFMT Collector 8.5.000.18 requires the Java 8 Runtime Environment (JRE).
- LFMT Collector 8.5.000.18 requires a new LFMT database.
- LFMT database(s) are configured using Database Access Point (DAP) configuration objects.
- LFMT Collector 8.5.000.18 supports Windows 2012.
- LFMT Collector 8.5.000.18 supports TLS connections to Configuration Server.
- LFMT Collector 8.5.000.18 supports a distributed LFMT deployment.
- LFMT Build 8.5.000.00 contains LFMT Client release 8.5.000.18, LFMT Collector release 8.5.000.18, and LFMT Indexer release 8.5.000.19.
This is the first release of the LFMT Collector 8.5 and, as such, it contains no corrections or modifications.
There is no upgrade procedure for this release.
Known Issues and Recommendations
The Known Issues and Recommendations section is a cumulative list for all 8.5.x releases. This section provides the latest information on known issues and recommendations associated with this product. It includes information on when individual items were found and, if applicable, corrected. The Resolved Issues section for each release describes the corrections and may list additional issues that were corrected without first being documented as Known Issues.
If new Workbench Agents are deployed to the environment or if any configuration changes are made to an Agent, the Collector needs a restart to reflect the changes.
ID: LMST-587 Found In: 8.5.100.05 Fixed In:
Workaround: Restart the LFMT Collector after any changes are made to the Workbench Agents (i.e. Agent port configuration is changed or a new Agent is deployed).
This section documents features that are no longer supported in this software. This cumulative list is in release-number order with the most recently discontinued features at the top of the list. Top of Page