WebRTC Media Service
December 21, 2018 (9.0.000.27)
- WebRTC Media Service now supports OAuth 2.0 authentication and authorization method to validate the user credentials passed from Agent Desktop. The Genesys Softphone compatible version to support OAuth 2.0 is 9.0.004.05 and above and the Agent Desktop version is 9.0.000.17 and above.
June 29, 2018 (9.0.000.15)
This is the initial release of WebRTC Media Service on the PureEngage Cloud (PEC) platform. Agents can handle both inbound and outbound voice calls through WebRTC-capable devices like Genesys Softphone by communicating with the PEC platform through the WebRTC Media Service. The WebRTC Media Service supports Genesys Softphone version 9.0.003.04+.
The key features of the WebRTC Media Service are:
- Supports G.711 and Opus codecs.
- Provides real-time media transcoding whenever required.
- Supports audio calls only.
- Signalling and media encryption capabilities of WebRTC Media Service ensures appropriate security for voice communications over the public network.
There are currently no known issues.