Contact Group Configuration
In Advisors, the term contact group means a forecasting entity from a workforce management system. These are activities in Genesys WFM, forecast groups and staff groups in Aspect eWorkforce Management, and contact types in IEX TotalView.
To configure the hierarchy displayed on the WA dashboard and control how contact groups' metrics are rolled up, create associations between:
- Contact groups and the business objects that become the levels of the hierarchy in the Contact Centers pane
- Contact groups and applications
- Contact groups and agent groups
Access in Advisors to contact groups is not configured in Configuration Manager. Advisors users only have access or not to them indirectly, through access to business objects related to them.
Access to business objects that form levels in the hierarchy on the WA dashboard must be configured by an administrator in Configuration Manager. Objects and data relating to or depending on objects to which users have no permissions will not be displayed, either in the dashboard or on this page.
If contact groups do not appear or do not update on the Contact Group Configuration page in the Administration module, see the section on importing contact groups in the Performance Management Advisors Deployment Guide.
Contact Group Configuration Page
To configure contact groups, use the Contact Groups Configuration page. It has four tabs:
- Rollups: create aggregations; that is, create associations between contact groups and business objects – contact centers, application groups, and reporting regions or operating units.
- Contact Groups - Applications: create associations between contact groups and applications from Genesys Stats Server or CISCO ICM.
- Contact Groups - Agent Groups: create associations between contact groups and agent groups from Genesys Stats Server or CISCO ICM.
- Details of contact groups.
The Rollups tab allows you to define how information displays, summarizes, expands, and contracts in the Contact Centers pane on the dashboard.
To configure a contact group, assign a contact center, an application group, and a reporting region or operating unit to it. These assignments are required for the contact group to display on the dashboard and to be included in the metric rollup for the specific grouping.
You have the option to do bulk configuration of rollup relationships for CCAdv and WA. For information about bulk configuration, see information about bulk configuration in the Performance Management Advisors Deployment Guide.
Filtering the Display of Rollups
You can filter the list of objects in the Rollups display.
Filter by business object and other properties using the menus and the Filter button at the top of the page.
Sorting the Display of Rollups
To sort the data in the Rollups table, click on a column heading. The arrow in the down or up position indicates which column is sorted.
Working with Contact Groups for Rollup
Contact Groups – Applications
Use the Contact Groups - Applications tab to assign applications to contact groups. The content of this page depends on the selected CCAdv/WA configuration mode.
Integrated Configuration Mode
If integrated configuration mode is enabled, the list of available applications presents applications that meet all of the following criteria:
- Configured applications
- Applications mapped to the same business objects to which the selected contact group is mapped
- Applications not mapped to this, or any other, contact group
If such an application is mapped to the contact group, and then later removed from CCAdv configuration, this application disappears from the applications assigned to the contact group and the list of available applications. It no longer contributes metric values to the WA dashboard.
The same thing happens if the configuration of the application or the contact group is modified in a such way that their business objects no longer match.
In integrated configuration mode, you must assign one or more applications to the contact group.
In integrated configuration mode, agent groups assigned to the applications are automatically assigned to the contact group
Independent Configuration Mode
If independent configuration mode is enabled, the list of available applications represents a set of all applications that are not mapped to this, or any other, contact group. Contact group-to-application mappings are independent of the CCAdv configurations. You can assign any application to a contact group that is not associated with an agent group contact center.
In independent configuration mode, agent groups assigned to the applications are not automatically assigned to the contact group
Contact Group - Applications
The following screenshot shows the Contact Groups – Applications tab.
You can opt to display either descriptive or technical names of objects by clicking the Display Descriptive Names or Display Technical Names link.
Contact Groups - Agent Groups
All types of contact centers are available for selection in the Contact Center drop-down menu. The menu contains both agent group contact centers, and other types of contact center. The names of AGCCs display with the names of the related network contact center (NCC), formatted as NCC Name: AGCC Name.
The contact groups mapped to any type of contact center display in the Contact Groups pane. The content of other panes on this page depends on the selected CCAdv/WA configuration mode.
There is no restriction on the number of contact groups to which an agent group can be mapped.
Available Agent Groups in Integrated Configuration Mode
In integrated configuration mode:
- If the selected contact group is mapped to an AGCC, then use the following steps to make an agent group appear in the Available Agent Groups list for assignment to a contact group:
- In Application Configuration:
- Configure an application, assigning it to a network contact center.
- Assign the agent group to the application.
- In Agent Group Configuration:
- Assign the agent group to the agent group contact center.
- In Contact Group Configuration:
- Configure contact group 1, assigning it to the same business objects as the application.
- The agent group now displays in the Available Agent Groups list in the Contact Group - Agent Groups tab. You can assign the agent group to contact group 2.
- In Application Configuration:
- If the selected contact group is mapped to any other type of contact center, no available agent groups display in integrated configuration mode. The list of assigned agent groups displays, but you cannot edit it. The agent groups are those mapped to the applications that are mapped to the contact group and also to the same business objects to which the contact group is mapped. The page, in this case, can be used only for viewing the lists of agent groups expected on the dashboard view.
Available Agent Groups in Independent Configuration Mode
In independent configuration mode:
- If the selected contact group is mapped to an AGCC, the list of available agent groups includes all agent groups that have the following characteristics:
- assigned to the same AGCC to which the selected contact group is mapped
- Include in WA property set to Yes
- not already mapped to the selected contact group
- If the selected contact group is mapped to any other type of contact center, the list of available agent groups includes all agent groups that are not mapped to the selected contact group. Any such contact group can be mapped directly to any agent group present in the Available Agent Group list.
Contact Groups - Agent Groups
The following screenshot shows the Contact Groups – Agent Groups page.
The Contact Groups - Agent Groups tab allows selection of contact centers of any type. Each AGCC name is shown together with its parent NCC name. The names display in the following format: NCC Name: AGCC Name
You can opt to display the descriptive or technical of contact groups and agent groups, by clicking on the Display Descriptive Names or Display Technical Names link.
Contact Group Details
The Contact Group Details table displays the details of each contact group, including:
- Name: The name of the contact group provided by the workforce management system.
- Source: The workforce management system that provided the contact groups (for example, Genesys Workforce Management, Aspect eWFM, IEX TotalView) or the Site ID (or the contact center ID) of the contact group from Genesys Workforce Management. For more information, see the section on importing contact groups in the Performance Management Advisors Deployment Guide.
- Group: The type of contact group (for example, forecast or staff).
- Active: Indicates whether the contact group is active or not.
The status will be Yes if the last time WA imported that system’s data, the contact group was present in the imported data.
The status will be No if the last time WA imported that system’s data, the contact group was not present in the imported data.
- Include in Rollup: Indicates whether or not WA should use this contact group when calculating metrics of related business objects, and display this contact group on the dashboard.