This section describes the ICON-related role configuration option that you configure in the callconcentrator section on the Options tab of a Database Access Point (DAP) configuration object that specifies an IDB connection. Interaction Concentrator processes this option.
Default Value: all
Valid Values: all, cfg, gcc, gls, gos, gud
Changes Take Effect: After ICON restart
Specifies the type of data that this ICON instance processes and stores in IDB.
Important: Role assignments must be configured using only lower case (for example, cfg). ICON interprets uppercase (CFG) or mixed case (Cfg) settings as invalid and defaults to the all role.
Valid values: A comma-separated list including any of the following:
- all - Stores all types of data.
- cfg - Stores the initial configuration state and a history of configuration changes retrieved from Configuration Server.
- gcc - Stores interaction-related and party-related information—that is, T-Server and Interaction Server data that pertains to voice and multimedia interactions, and the parties associated with those interactions.
- gls - Stores T-Server and Interaction Server data that pertains to agent states and agent login sessions.
- gud - Stores T-Server and Interaction Server data that pertains to the attached data associated with calls.
- gos - In an environment with the Outbound Contact solution, stores OCS data that pertains to outbound calls and campaigns.
Any combination of the valid values can be used. Prefixing an option value with a tilde (~) excludes that type of data from ICON processing, and includes all other types. For example, the value ~cfg deactivates ICON processing of configuration data, and activates processing and storage of all other types of data. Ensure that the role that you specify for the ICON instance is consistent with the role that you specify for the DAP (see below for DAP-specific considerations).
Examples of correct settings:
- role = cfg,gcc,gud
- role = all
- role = gcc,gud,gls,gos
- role = ~cfg
(The last two examples are equivalent.)
All types of ICON data go through the same DAP in the following cases:
- No role option is defined for the DAP.
- The role option is defined, and its value is explicitly set to all.
- You specified only one DAP object on the Connections tab of the ICON Application object.
- Regardless of whether a given DAP handles all types of ICON data or a subset of them, a separate database connection is opened for each type of data.
- Ensure that the role that you specify for the DAP is consistent with the role that you specify for the associated ICON instance.
- A DAP cannot be assigned the lrm role. If you do so, it is ignored and the default value (all) is used.
- All ICON instances are assigned a predefined role, svc, to store service information about the ICON instance, for identification purposes, in IDB. The svc role cannot be turned off, and you do not need to specify it in the option configuration.