Outbound Contact is an automated system that is used to create, modify, and run outbound dialing campaigns/dialing sessions in which agents interact with customers. Running a dialing session, involves launching a dialing session that is associated with the campaign, monitoring it, and making any necessary adjustments. To perform these tasks, Outbound Contact users can:
- Create calling lists from customer contact information.
- Group calling lists into campaigns for outbound dialing.
- Share campaigns among multiple agent groups.
- Create campaign sequences with the Campaign Sequence object, which provides predefined thresholds and automatic agent assignments.
- Automatically load, start, unload, and perform other management functions for Campaign Groups using Outbound Schedules.
- Optimize usage of agent resources by using assignments. Agents can shift as needed between different dialing sessions and activities, including switching between inbound and outbound call handling.
- Chain records for a customer (multiple call records).
- Choose different dialing modes.
- Define treatments and scheduled calls for unsuccessful calls on each calling list.
- Monitor campaigns using Reporting tools.
- Apply Do Not Call restrictions by phone number or customer ID.
Outbound Contact can use traditional telephony or VoIP architecture. In both cases, it has a client/server architecture consisting of the one of the following:
- Outbound Contact consists of Outbound Contact Server (OCS) and optionally can include Call Progress Detection Server (CPD Server) and/or CPD Proxy Server.
In release 8.x, Genesys Administrator replaces Outbound Contact Manager (OCM). Genesys Administrator is a web-based user interface (UI) that provides provisioning, monitoring, deployment, and operations of Genesys solutions.
|Note:||If you already use Outbound Contact Manager, you can continue to use OCM 7.6 with Outbound Contact 8.x.|