Through the use of SCXML treatment scripts, you can configure custom treatments to handle multiple contact methods and scenarios, providing greater flexibility for reaching a customer. Some of the scenarios that custom treatments can address include:
- Selecting the preferred way to reach a customer, according to the time of day or the day of week (see Customer Contact According to Daytime Intervals).
- Specifying the order in which to contact a customer, according to the contact type (see Record-Processing Order).
- Specifying the first contact type to use when contacting a customer (see First contact type).
- Specifying the maximum number of attempts to dial records (see Number of dial attempts).
- Specifying a treatment action according to the call result (see Call result).
What is SCXML?
SCXML is an event-based state machine language that accommodates various call control/customer service states and the transitions between them. While relatively new as a notation/language, SCXML is well-proven for building state-based models and facilitates the process of orchestrating customer-service solutions. The core SCXML provides state chart functionality, while Outbound Contact—specific instructions are specified in the executable content of SCXML in form of SCXML extensions (action elements) and/or ECMA script extensions (properties of special ECMA script objects).
Schema Updates for Release 8.1
Starting in release 8.1, Genesys uses an updated SCXML standard that contains a number of changes from the prior standard. Note the following changes:
- The syntax for Event Data has changed from _eventdata to _event.data.
- To assign value to a variable, X, defined in the data section, use the syntax _data.X in location expressions such as the following:
- Previous Syntax: <assign location="X" expr = "1" />
- New Syntax: <assign location="_data.X" expr = "1" />
- Mnemonic operands such as the following must be expressed differently, as shown in the following examples:
- When writing a file URL, use ":" instead of "|":
- Previous Syntax: file:///C|/inetpub/wwwroot/sample02.scxml
- New Syntax: file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/sample02.scxml
For more information about SCXML or ECMA scripts, go to the following websites:
- State Chart XML (SCXML), State Machine Notation for Control Abstraction (http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/)
- ECMA and ECMAScript Language (http://www.ecma-international.org)