|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Through the use of SCXML treatment scripts, you can configure custom treatments to handle multiple contact methods and scenarios, providing greater flexibility for reaching a customer. Some of the scenarios that custom treatments can address include:
- Selecting the preferred way to reach a customer, according to the time of day or the day of week (see Customer Contact According to Daytime Intervals).
- Specifying the order in which to contact a customer, according to the contact type (see Record-Processing Order).
- Specifying the first contact type to use when contacting a customer (see First contact type).
- Specifying the maximum number of attempts to dial records (see Number of dial attempts).
- Specifying a treatment action according to the call result (see Call result).
What is SCXML?
SCXML is an event-based state machine language that accommodates various call control/customer service states and the transitions between them. While relatively new as a notation/language, SCXML is well-proven for building state-based models and facilitates the process of orchestrating customer-service solutions. The core SCXML provides state chart functionality, while Outbound Contact.19specific instructions are specified in the executable content of SCXML in form of SCXML extensions (action elements) and/or ECMA script extensions (properties of special ECMA script objects).
Schema Updates for Release 8.1
Starting in release 8.1, Genesys uses an updated SCXML standard that contains a number of changes from the prior standard. Note the following changes:
- The syntax for Event Data has changed from _eventdata to _event.data.
- To assign value to a variable, X, defined in the data section, use the syntax _data.X in location expressions such as the following:
- Previous Syntax: <assign location="X" expr = "1" />
- New Syntax: <assign location="_data.X" expr = "1" />
- Mnemonic operands such as the following must be expressed differently, as shown in the following examples:
- When writing a file URL, use ":" instead of "|":
- Previous Syntax: file:///C|/inetpub/wwwroot/sample02.scxml
- New Syntax: file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/sample02.scxml
For more information about SCXML or ECMA scripts, go to the following websites:
- State Chart XML (SCXML), State Machine Notation for Control Abstraction (http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/)
- ECMA and ECMAScript Language (http://www.ecma-international.org)