Outbound Contact Server
Outbound Contact Server (OCS), as the dialing engine, is the core of Outbound Contact. It retrieves information from Calling List(s) with the help of the DB Server and requests that T-Server, or a Dialogic board (through CPD Server), or another dialer (when using GVP 7.6 Outbound Notification (OBN) or Interaction Server) dials outbound calls or initiates outbound interactions. OCS monitors the call flow and reacts to call results and delivers responses to requests from agent desktops.
Desktop protocol for Outbound Contact enables OCS to communicate through T-Server with agent desktops. Third-party protocol for Outbound Contact enables OCS to communicate through a Communication DN with third-party applications. Outbound Contact is also capable of communicating with another OCS, Stat Server, and ICON.
|Note:||Outbound Contact Server can also use the following:
OCS also performs the following functions:
- Reads configuration data—including the options for configuration objects such as Agent Groups, Place Groups, and Campaign Groups — from the Configuration Database.
- Receives commands from Outbound Contact Manager, Genesys Administrator, or third-party applications for starting and stopping dialing sessions for Campaign Groups.
- Provides pacing algorithms for the dialing of outbound calls.
- Updates call results.
- Applies treatments to records based on call results.
- Processes Do Not Call (DNC) requests
- Checks the Do Not Call list for telephone numbers and customer IDs that should not be contacted.