Create an Empty Category
Set the Category properties and define its attributes (such as name, description, elements, and so on), according to the related business issue.
Before you begin
- Select Category Manager.
- In the Category list, select All to create a new independent category or select an existing category to create a new subcategory.
- Click New Category or right-click All and click New Manual Category .
- In the Name field, enter a category name.
- To limit the types of SpeechMiner users that have access to this category: (optional)
- Click Edit.
- Select the groups, roles, and/or users with which the Category should be shared.
- Click OK.
- Under Description enter a description of the Category. (optional)
- Click Save.
The blank new category properties window opens
The Category Sharing dialog box opens.
By default, Categories are shared with all SpeechMiner users. You can change this by specifying groups, work groups, roles, and/or specific users with whom a category should be shared. Category sharing does not affect which interactions a user can see or play back.