Managing users includes creating new user accounts, assigning roles, groups, and partitions to users, managing user passwords, maintaining additional user information, and deactivating or deleting existing accounts.
The collection of information and group associations assigned to a user is called a user profile. This section explains how to create user accounts and manage user profiles.
- In the top right corner of the screen click Administrator > Administer Users.
- Click New .
- Fill in the fields as follows:
- In the text field, begin typing the name of the agent or work group. A drop-down list of names that contain the combination of letters you type appears. Keep typing until you see the name, and then click it to select it.
- Click . A list of work groups opens. Click a work group to select it, or expand the relevant work group and then click the name of the agent to select it.
- Click Save Changes. The new account is created. The Edit Profile screen closes and the Administer Users screen is displayed. If you selected to send the user an e-mail notification, the e-mail is sent.
The Administer Users screen opens and displays a list of the existing user accounts.
A blank Edit Profile screen opens.
|Active||Select this check box to make the account active. An account must be active for the user to log into it.|
|User Login||Enter a username for the user.|
|Authentication||Select SpeechMiner if you want the username and password to be managed by SpeechMiner and stored in SpeechMiner's database. Select Windows if the user will log into SpeechMiner using the same username and password they use to log into Windows. The fields required to configure the selected option are displayed.|
|Old Password||This field is not relevant to new accounts. This field only appears if SpeechMiner is selected under Authentication.|
|New Password||Type a password for the account. This field only appears if SpeechMiner is selected under Authentication.|
|Verify Password||Type the password for the account again to ensure it was typed correctly. This field only appears if SpeechMiner is selected under Authentication.|
|User must change password at next logon||Select this option to require the user to change their password the next time they log into SpeechMiner. This field only appears if SpeechMiner is selected under Authentication.|
|Windows Domain||Type the name of the Windows domain in which the user's account is managed. This field only appears if Windows is selected under Authentication.|
|User Roles||Select the user roles to associate with the account. These roles define the permissions the user will have in SpeechMiner. For additional information, see Managing Roles. If roles appear in the list but are not active, you do not have the permissions required to assign these roles to users.|
|User Groups||Select the groups to associate with the account. Each group represents a set of work groups and/or partitions that identify which call data the user will be able to access. For additional information, see Managing Groups.|
|User Partitions||If you want to enable the user to access call data from additional work groups and/or partitions that are not included in their groups, select them here.|
|First Name||Enter the user's first name.|
|Last Name||Enter the user's last name.|
|Title||Enter the user's title.|
|Organization||Enter the organization the user works for.|
|Phone||Enter the user's phone number.|
|Enter the user's e-mail address.|
|Home Page||Enter the address of any page in the SpeechMiner web interface to make that page the user's homepage. Enter the address in the following format: /pages/[page location]
You can copy the page address from the end of the Address field of the browser when the page is open. For example, if you want to use the Templates page as the homepage, and the address of the New Search page is http://myserver/speechminer/pages/ui/#/reports/templates, you would remove the base of the address (enter http://myserver/speechminer) and enter pages/ui/#/reports/templates.
Note: If this field is left blank, the last view the user had open in their Views page is opened when they log in.
|Comments||Enter any additional comments.|
|Mapping||If the user is a call-center agent, select the user's name in the call center's recording system. If the user is a call-center manager, select the name of the work group they manage. You can select the name or work group in one of the following ways:
Note: Mapping SpeechMiner users to call-center agents makes it possible to create a Saved Report for the "current user." This means that a single Saved Report can be run by different users to retrieve report data about themselves, or their subordinates. For additional information, see Creating a Custom Report.
|Send Email Notification||If you want to send the new user an e-mail message telling them that their account is open and explaining how to access it, select this check box. The e-mail message is sent to the address specified in the Email field.|
You can filter the list of existing users in a number of ways to help you find the accounts that interest you.
- In the top right corner of the screen click Administrator > Administer Users.
- Perform one or more of the following:
The Administer Users screen opens and displays the list. The list includes a summary of each user's profile.
- If you want to filter by user name, type a letter or combination of letters in the Name field. User accounts that do not include the specified combination of letters will be hidden from the list.
- If you want to filter by role, open the Roles drop-down list and select a role or roles you want to include in the list.
- If you want to filter by group, open the Groups drop-down list and select the group or groups you want to include in the list. (For additional information about using the Multi-Select box, see Defining Search Criteria.)
You can modify user profiles in one of two ways:
- Open an individual user's profile and modify it. For example, you could change a user's password.
- Make global changes to selected profiles using the More menu. For example, you could add a role to a number of users' accounts.
Modify an individual user profile
- In the Administer Users screen, in the Login column, click the user's name.
- Modify the profile as required. For information about the various fields in the screen, see Creating a New User Account tab.
- Click Save Changes. The profile is updated. The Edit Profile screen closes and the Administer Users screen is displayed.
The Edit Profile screen opens and displays the user's current profile.
The User Login and Authentication fields cannot be modified. You may not be able to modify other fields if you do not have permissions to do so.
Make global changes to selected profiles
- In the Administer Users screen, select the check box associated with each user profile you want to modify. To select all of the user profiles, select the check box at the top of the column.
- Above the list, click More.
- Select the desired option, as follows:
- Click the OK button to the right of the More field.
- Select the desired action, and then click OK.
The More drop-down menu opens.
|Mark as Active||Activates the selected accounts.|
|Mark as Inactive||Deactivates the selected accounts. The users will not be able to log into their accounts.
Inactive accounts can be reactivated later as necessary. When you click OK, you will be able to choose whether to delete all the user's saved searches, reports, and scheduled reports, or just to stop all scheduled reports.
|Add to Role(s)||Opens a list of the roles that exist in the system. Select the roles you want to add to the users' profiles, and then click Close to close the list.|
|Add to Group(s)||Opens a list of the groups that exist in the system. Select the groups you want to add to the users' profiles, and then click Close to close the list.|
|Remove from Role(s)||Opens a list of the roles that exist in the system. Select the roles you want to remove from the users' profiles, and then click Close to close the list.|
|Remove from Group(s)||Opens a list of the groups that exist in the system. Select the groups you want to remove from the users' profiles, and then click Close to close the list.|
The changes are implemented. If you selected Mark as Inactive, before you click OK, you are prompted to choose whether to delete all the user's saved searches, reports, and scheduled reports, or just to stop all scheduled reports.
You can delete existing user accounts as necessary. When an account is deleted, all saved searches, reports, and scheduled reports created by the user are deleted. If you want to keep these items, but you do not want the user account to be accessible, you can deactivate the account (see Modifying User Profiles above). When an account is deactivated, the user cannot log into it, but the profile is saved and saved searches and reports can be retained. The account can be reactivated later on as necessary.
To delete user accounts
- In the Administer Users screen, select the check box associated with the user account you want to delete.
- Above the list, click Delete (). You are prompted to confirm that you want to delete the selected accounts.
- Click OK. The accounts are deleted.