Groups identify the call data that is associated with specific users. When a user belongs to a particular group, they have access to the call data that is assigned to that group. All Interaction Lists, searches, and reports they access will only include data about the calls in their group. For information about assigning groups to users, see Managing Users.
Each group is defined as a list of partitions and work groups. Partitions identify call data using the identification system that was used by the recording system. For example, a partition might include calls to phone number x, extension y. Work groups are based on the structure of the call center and identify the user's place in the enterprise's hierarchy. For example, a work group might be Denver Center, ABC Bank. In most cases, certain partitions are associated with specific work groups, so it is sufficient to select work groups and the partitions are automatically included. At times, it may be necessary to add partitions as well.
This section explains how to create and manage groups. Groups are managed in the Administer Groups screen.
- In the Main Menu, under Tools, select User Management > Administer Groups.
- Click New.
- Under Group, type a name for the group.
- In the tree area below the group name, select the partitions and work groups to associate with the group. Click the plus sign beside a node to expand a node or the minus sign to collapse it.
- Click Save. The dialog box closes, and the group is created and added to the list.
The Administer Groups screen opens and displays a list of the existing groups. For each group, the work groups and partitions associated with the group are listed under Partitions.
A group-definition dialog box opens.
You can delete groups from the system if no users are associated with them.
To delete user accounts
- In the Administer Groups screen, select the check box associated with the group you want to delete.
- Click Delete. You are prompted to confirm that you want to delete the selected accounts.
- Click OK. The groups are deleted.