Interaction Server Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Though support for DB Server was discontinued in 8.5.3, Interaction Server continued to use DB Server to connect to the database if the dbprotocol option was not specified in the DAP configuration. Starting from 9.0.0, Interaction Server always connects to databases via ODBC, and does not require explicit specification in the DAP configuration. (IXN-4873)
- The log level of the database request related events has been changed from debug to trace. Interaction Server now supports connections via ODBC only and there is no other way to retrieve this information. (IXN-5356)
- Three new health counters with overall statistics are available:
- total_requests_received - the total number of requests received by Interaction Server.
- total_requests_handled - the total number of requests parsed and execution initiated by Interaction Server. Under normal load, this value should be equal to total_requests_received.
- total_events_sent - the total number of events produced by Interaction Server. It includes responses to received requests and unsolicited notifications. (IXN-5215)
- Three queue counters, previously available only in the DataStream interface, are now also available in the health interface:
- in_processing: The current number of interactions being routed or handled by agents.
- waiting_processing: The current number of interactions NOT being routed or handled by agents (as opposed to in_processing).
- current_length: The total number of interactions of type Inbound in this queue that were never processed by an agent.
- Values of these counters are provided per queue per media type. (IXN-5216)
This release contains the following resolved issues:
Interaction Server now handles URS re-connections properly. Previously in rare cases, Interaction Server reacted to URS disconnections too late and unloaded strategies that were loaded for the new connections. As a result, routing was not working. (IXN-5167)
Now health counters for ORS are calculated properly. Previously, the number of the submitted interactions were sometimes negative. (IXN-5326)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.000.05.