Genesys SR Service Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
|04/01/16||General||Under Shipping Control||X|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Auto upgrade is now performed internally and does not use an external Windows service. GSRUpdateService was removed.
- Citrix is now supported on Windows 20012 R2 for the SR Service.
- During upgrade the SR Service moves old log files (from 8.5.220.xx and earlier) to the Logs folder and renames them using the old_ prefix.
- The SR Service Authentication Server now runs as a separate process.
- The SR Service now supports Monitoring and Alarming.
- The SR Service now supports error reports for Web Services and Applications.
- The SR Service log now uses UTC time instead of local time.
- The SR Service now uses UTC time as the timestamp for screen recording files instead of the local time.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
When the maximium recorder log size is reached, the SR Service no longer fails to start recording. (GIR-5339)
When a component's maximum log size is reached, that component will not stop working. Previously, in this scenario the component stopped working until the next service restart. (GIR-5458)
Currently, when using updateWhen = restart the SR Service is upgraded during the next system startup. Previously, the SR Service was upgraded during shutdown. (GIR-4894)
The SR Service update no longer fails when configuring the softwareVersion parameter, using a single digit without a leading zero (for example, 8.5.301.1 instead of 8.5.301.01). (GIR-4892)
Switching Workspace Web Edition in the middle of a session to a Workspace Web Edition that is not in the SR Service allowed list no longer triggers a logout in the SR Service. (GIR-4533)
Workspace Web Edition can now connect to the SR Service successfully when the SR Service is not installed using the local administrator account and HTTPS is enabled on the SR Service. (GIR-4445)
The SR Service no longer creates a folder with the name None in the postProcessingSavePath folder. (GIR-4411)
The Configuration Update log message is no longer logged to the wrong user log file. (GIR-4364)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 8.5.302.10.