Genesys SR Service Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Solaris||Windows|
|02/01/16||General||Under Shipping Control||X|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Citrix is now supported on Windows 2008 R2 for the SR Service.
- Support for SR Service on Windows 10 (32-bit + 64-bit).
- Support for SR Service Windows 8 / 8.1 32-bit.
- SR Service Auto-upgrade will only install digitally signed versions. Version Checksum verification is deprecated (softwareChecksum parameter).
- Auto-Downgrade is disabled and the forceUpdate parameter has been deprecated.
- The allowedHosts configuration parameter was added.
- SR Service now adds a unique ID as part of the voice recording file name.
- SR Service Authentication server now runs as a separate process.
- If the Agent credentials are invalid (403) or missing when trying to upload a screen recording to GWS, the SR Service will use another agent's credentials to upload the recordings and will log an appropriate log warning.
- SR Service log files have been moved under the Logs folder.
- The SR Service log now includes milliseconds.
- SR Service HTTPS certificate verification default behavior changed from False to True ("certificate" parameter default value).
- SR Service now supports:
- Simultaneous screen recordings from multiple users.
- Working with multiple different GWS instances simultaneously.
- CSRF protection on local host communication with WWE.
- Session cookies for the local host connection with WWE.
- Using the network path for the recordings post processing and recordings shared folder. Please note the local system account must be given access permissions.
- Separate configuration for the user Temp folder, Post Processing folder, and the Shared Recording folder using the following configuration parameters: userSavePath, postProcessingSavePath, sharedSavePath.
- SR Service Auto Updater will now only start after an agent logs in.
- Some SR Service client side parameters can now be dynamically configured in real time using the agent desktop.
- The SR Service version can now be queried using the browser.
- The diskFreeSpaceLimit configuration parameter is now a client side parameter. Previously, it was a server side parameter.
This release contains the following resolved issues:
User Session detection fallback logic now supports Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). (GIR-4259)
If the upgrade process fails during auto-upgrade, the SR Service will now rollback the upgrade changes and restart the service. (GIR-4235)
The credentialsTimeout configuration parameter now reflects minutes. Previously, this parameter reflected seconds. (GIR-4152)
SR Service no longer sends the "WWW-Authenticate" HTTP header on 401 responses. As a result, the credentials pop up on the web browser no longer appears. (GIR-3956)
The SR Service Recorder process name was changed from SRC.exe to SrsProcess.exe. (GIR-3848)
When the SR Service receives a 403 authentication error due to bad credentials, it will not retry to upload a screen recording using the same credentials. Previously, the SR Service continuously retried to upload the recording using the same incorrect credentials. (GIR-3778)
The SR Service default Temp folder (that is, the data save location), moved from the installation folder to the Windows LOCALAPPDATA. (GIR-3574)
The SR Service now uploads a recording using the credentials of the user that created the recording. Previously, the SR Service used any credentials to upload any recordings, regardless of which user created which recordings. (GIR-3540)
A separate log file is no longer created when you are logged in as an agent desktop and the SR Service is restarted. Previously, an exception was logged and a separate log file (SRC.EXE.LOG) was created. (GIR-3169)
Server TLS certificate validation is now enabled by default. Previously, the Server TLS certificate validation was disabled by default. (GIR-3019)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 18.104.22.168.