Prerequisites for AGA
Before you deploy Advisors Genesys Adapter, it is helpful to answer the following questions:
- Will you deploy Advisors Genesys Adapter on a Linux Red Hat or a Windows platform?
- Where are you installing Advisors (in which directory)? The default location is C:\ProgramFiles\GCTI\Advisors.
- What filters do you require for your enterprise? There are no filters included with the installation of AGA. You configure filters as business attributes in Genesys Configuration Server.
- Will you require the Resource Management Console (RMC) for the CCAdv dashboard? RMC requires that you also install the Supervisor Desktop Service (SDS). Also, you must install RMC during a second run of the AGA installation file; you can install only a single component (either the AGA core service or RMC) during a single installer run.
- On which server will you install AGA for CCAdv/WA and on which will you intall AGA for FA? Serving both FA and CCAdv/WA from one system is not recommended for performance reasons.
- Do you use a TLS connection to the Configuration Server?
- Are you configuring multiple AGAs with warm standby? Each primary AGA among the multiple adapters configured should use Stat Servers different from those used by other primary adapters. The primary and the backup AGA in a pair must be configured with the same Stat Servers. See the section on integrating AGA with SCS and the Management Layer.
Ensure you have completed all the tasks in the following Table before you begin Advisors Genesys Adapter deployment.
|Y or N||Prerequisite|
|You have initialized databases—databases must be present and at the current version prior to running the installation files. You have configured administrator accounts that can be used by applications to access the databases.|
|Oracle JDK is installed. You can download Oracle JDK from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html. See the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide for information about supported versions.|
|If you are deploying AGA on a Linux platform, you have created the Advisors group and user. This should be done when deploying Advisors Platform on the server.|
| You have located the aga-installer-<version>.jar file on the installation CD and have copied it to the local drive of your server. Place the aga-installer-<version>.jar file into the Advisors home directory.|
[+] Show additional information for Linux environments
| A verified Genesys environment is ready and available.
This includes (but is not limited to) Configuration Server, Stat Server, and the T-Server(s) and/or Interaction Servers. All of these services must be running prior to deploying the Genesys Adapter.
|You have installed the Local Control Agent (LCA) on the server on which you will deploy AGA. See Integration with Solution Control Server and Warm Standby for more information about integrating Advisors with the Genesys Management Framework.|
|You have a Solution Control Server (SCS) available and configured to communicate with the LCAs on the Advisors servers.|
|You have created the required Application and Host objects for each AGA instance in Genesys Administrator. If you are configuring Advisors in warm standby mode, then you have configured both the primary and backup Applications and associated the two Applications as a primary and backup pair for failover. See Overview: Configuring Advisors Application Objects and Deploying Modules that are Controlled by SCS for information.|
|You have the Genesys Statistics Server ready and available, and the MCR extension package is installed if you will collect interaction queue statistics. If you will use third-party media statistics, the third-party media Stat Server extensions are installed. Starting with release 8.5.2, you must also be prepared to configure the Stat Servers as connections to the AGA Application object. For information, see Manage Advisors Stat Server Instances.|
|If the T-Server is the Avaya Communication Manager, make sure that the T-Server option query-agent-work-mode is set to on-restart. This is the default option. To set this option, go to TServer > Option tab > T-Server Option and locate query-agent-work-mode. This setting is required for the AfterCallWork state changes to be visible.|
|You have estimated the number of Advisors Genesys Adapters that you require. Depending upon the number of statistics to be served, you might require more than one AGA.|
During deployment of Advisors Genesys Adapter, the installer will prompt you for the information in the following Table.
|Application that this instance of AGA serves (CCAdv/WA or FA).|
|Location and name of the base directory in which you will install Advisors.||Default on Windows: |
Default on Linux:
|Path to the directory in which log files will be written.|
Default on Linux:
|Location of the Java Development Kit (root directory).|
| Type of database used in your enterprise (MS SQL or Oracle).
For an Oracle installation, the location of the JDBC driver.
| Connection details to the AGA metrics database:
||Default database port is 1433.|
| Connection details to the Advisors Platform database (use the same database configuration that was specified when the Advisors Platform database was configured):
||Default database port is 1433.|
| Connection details to the Genesys Configuration Server:
If you will connect to the Configuration Server using TLS, then you also require the following information:
If you use a backup Configuration Server, you require the following information, as well:
|Default port that the configuration server is listening on is 2020.|
|For integration with the Solution Control Server:
||Default LCA port is 4999.|
Default SCS application name is SCServer.
| For registration with the Platform database:
||Default port number is 7000.|