Prerequisites for FA
Before you deploy Frontline Advisor (FA), it is helpful to answer the following questions:
- Will you install the FA application in standalone or distributed mode? If distributed, which FA instance (on which server) will be responsible for data aggregation, and which will be presentation nodes?
- Will you deploy the FA application on a Linux Red Hat or a Windows platform?
- Where are you installing Advisors (in which directory)? The default location is C:\ProgramFiles\GCTI\Advisors.
- Do you want the FA application to send email notification messages? From what address will an application send notifications (for example, DONOTREPLY@<your enterprise>.com)? To what email address will an application send notifications? What is the subject line for such email messages (for example, Frontline Advisor notification)?
- The FA Server requires integration with the Solution Control Server. For details see Integration with Solution Control Server and Warm Standby. Ensure you understand the limitations and special configuration requirements when planning which Advisors applications to install on a server.
Ensure you have completed all the tasks in the following Table before you begin Frontline Advisor deployment.
|Y or N||Prerequisite|
|The Advisors Genesys Adapter is installed.|
|You have initialized databases—databases must be present and at the current version prior to running the installation files. You have configured administrator accounts that can be used by applications to access the databases.|
|Advisors Platform is successfully installed on each physical server on which you will install the Frontline Advisor or Agent Advisor application.|
|You have installed the Local Control Agent (LCA). See Integration with Solution Control Server and Warm Standby and Overview: Configuring Advisors Application Objects and Deploying Modules that are Controlled by SCS for more information.|
|You have created the required Application and Host objects in Genesys Administrator or Configuration Server. If you are configuring Advisors in warm standby mode, then you have configured both primary and backup Applications and associated each primary Application with its backup for failover. See Integration with Solution Control Server and Warm Standby and Overview: Configuring Advisors Application Objects and Deploying Modules that are Controlled by SCS for more information.|
|In a Genesys environment, you have established connection to the Genesys Solution Control Server.|
|The FA hierarchy is configured on the Genesys Configuration Server and you can identify the following:
|You have located the fa-server-installer-<version>.jar file on the installation CD and have copied it to the local drive of your server. Copy the installation file to the Advisors home directory. |
[+] Show additional information for Linux environments
|While you can use any Genesys configuration interface to import Advisors privileges into a Role, or to assign Role-based permissions to Users or Access Groups for access to the Advisors business attributes, you can view the Advisors privileges associated with a Role only in Genesys Configuration Manager. If you need to view the Advisors privileges associated with Roles regularly, then ensure you have access to Genesys Configuration Manager.|
During deployment of Frontline Advisor, the installer will prompt you for the information in the following Table.
| Location and name of the base directory in which you will install Advisors.
(The installation directory for Frontline Advisor server must be the same as the directory where Advisors Platform was installed.)
|Default on Windows: |
Default on Linux:
|Are you running FA in standalone or distributed mode? If distributed, which FA instance (on which server) will be responsible for data aggregation? Only one FA instance in a cluster can be responsible for data aggregation; you must enable the rollup engine on this instance. In a warm standby configuration, however, you must enable the rollup engine on both the primary and backup applications. The two applications do not run simultaneously, and in the event of failover, the backup must be able to continue the data aggregation processes.|
|You require the following information to integrate with the Genesys Management Layer if you are installing the FA Server (FA that includes the rollup engine):
||Default LCA port is 4999.|
Default name of the SCS is SCServer.
|Information about your hierarchy. You require one of the following:
||Default tenant name is Resources.|
Default path to the hierarchy is Agent Groups\\Enterprise.
|Type of database used in your enterprise (MS SQL or Oracle), and connection details to the Advisors Platform database:
||Default database server name is localhost.|
Default port on which the Platform database listens is 1433.
|If you will send email notifications from the application, you require the following details for the SMTP (mail) service that you will use to send the notification messages: