What is Genesys Web Engagement?
Genesys Web Engagement provides the ability to monitor, identify, and proactively engage web visitors in conversations that match business objectives. Customers are identified using robust business rules that provide a simple and comprehensive means for identifying key customers based on their behavior on your website and their value to your business. Key customers are then evaluated, leveraging the full power of Genesys Orchestration, and the best candidates are matched with the best agents, allowing you to better achieve your business objectives, including new customer acquisition, product sales, or customer support.
Genesys Web Engagement integrates the browsing activity of your web visitors into the overall Genesys customer service process. It records the customer web-browsing history, gathers accurate information, and converts it into Genesys interactions.
In addition to its monitoring features, Genesys Web Engagement enables you to engage the online customer by chat or web callback. In fact, you can mix and match engagement invites for available medias the way you want; you can customize the look and feel of the invites; you can support second- and third-party media; and you can even support advertisements.
Essentially, you can use Web Engagement to change the way you engage visitors to your website and, with the pacing algorithm, you can eliminate the need for a wait time.
Get to Know your Web Visitors
Genesys Web Engagement helps you to better understand the nature of your customers' interactions with your website. It can identify customers and their interaction history through data stored in Universal Contact Server and translate raw web activity into a form that can enable better customer service.
- Basic Usage Information. Get to know if a customer has ever used the web channel, and if so, how recently (and/or how frequently).
- Browsing History. Each time that the customer browses your website, a session is created to store the visited pages in the customer history. This provides information on what the customer may have been looking for or may be interested in.
- Activities and Outcomes. Genesys Web Engagement allows you to tag web pages and define associations between URIs and outcomes to build a higher-level model of the customer browsing activity. This model is then usable to drive further interactions on other channels (chat and web callback, for now).
In addition, Genesys Web Engagement includes several scenarios for identified and unknown web visitors, detailed in Visitor Identification.
- When dealing with a user who has not been authorized, Genesys Web Engagement can ask for the user's registration. This can be customized in the Engagement Logic SCXML strategy.
Genesys Web Engagement enables real-time or offline post processing of customers' web-browsing activity to identify potential for proactive follow-up. You can define service assistance to notify agents when some specific use cases should lead to a proactive follow-up. In addition, the flexibility of Genesys Web Engagement allows you to submit this follow-up for validation to agents, in order to make sure that the follow-up is appropriate.
For example, some use cases could be:
- When a shopping cart is abandoned, it can be caused by a lack of information. A proactive follow-up by an agent - via any number of channels - can help to close the sale.
- If a customer bought a product several weeks ago but abandoned a transaction recently, an agent could call to ask about satisfaction with the earlier purchase and afterwards follow-up with a question about the abandonment.
- If a customer submits a bad rating or comments about one of your products, an agent could follow-up by e-mail with a survey about his dissatisfaction.
In addition, if the contact center decides to make a proactive offer, the Browser-Tier Component checks that the visitor is still present, then pops up a widget in the browser window - for example, a chat invitation. If the visitor accepts the offer, the chat connection is made in the standard way using existing components.
Genesys Web Engagement is composed of three components, detailed in the High-Level Architecture page:
- Web Engagement Frontend Server manages the event flow submitted by the browser-tier agents and is responsible for the complex event processing and submitting actionable events.
- Web Engagement Backend Server processes actionable events that come from the Web Engagement Frontend Server and pushes them for processing in the SCXML strategy. It also serves as the entry point for notifications from the SCXML strategy and sends notifications to the Web Engagement Frontend Server.
In addition to rules templates, Genesys Web Engagement include the following plug-ins:
- Web Engagement Plug-in for Administrator Extension, implementing:
- Categories, to create custom business data.
- Web Engagement Plug-in for Interaction Workspace, to get all the web-based contexts routed to agents. This plug-in is mandatory to enable chat and web callback engagement features in Interaction Workspace.
- Web Engagement Plug-in for Workspace Desktop Edition, to get all the web-based contexts routed to agents. This plug-in is mandatory to enable chat and web callback engagement features in Workspace Desktop Edition 8.5.
Related Genesys Components
Genesys Web Engagement interacts with the following Genesys products:
- Interaction Workspace — Use the Genesys Web Engagement Plug-in for Interaction Workspace to interface Genesys Interaction Workspace with Web Engagement. This plug-in enables you to get all the web-based contexts routed to agents. This plug-in is mandatory to enable chat and voice engagement.
- Orchestration Server — Provides routing for chat and voice interactions.
- Stat Server — Provides statistics used by the reporting templates.
- Interaction Server — Processes interactions.
- Chat Server — Enables chat functionality in GWE.
- Composer — Use this application to publish the Genesys Rules System rules templates for GWE and to update or deploy routing and engagement strategies.
- Genesys Rules Development Tool — Deploy this as a Composer plug-in and use it to publish rules templates for GWE.
- Genesys Rules Authoring Tool — Use this web application to create rules based on the GWE rules templates. These rules are used to determine whether or not to generate an actionable event.
- Genesys Administrator Extension — Create categories that are used by the GWE rules to determine whether or not to generate an actionable event.
Genesys Web Engagement includes the following features:
- Can be integrated with Genesys Co-browse and Chat
- Can be integrated with second- and third-party media, such as Genesys Mobile Services.
- Integrated Reactive Chat Application
- Browser support for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
- Mobile browser support for iOS Safari and Android Chrome.
- Integrated Web Chat and Web Callback
- Behavior Rules Authoring for simplified tooling of Web Pages
- Categorization - Key word and regular expressions for out-of-the box web page identification
- Out-of-the-box business events for capturing searches and timeout as part of behavior rules
- Out-of-the-box rule templates and business rules interface for defining engagement rules based on customer behavior
- Support for advanced business events to capture events not covered by categories
- Business User friendly UIs for creating both Categories and Business rules
- Monitoring and data storage of customer web activity
- Storage of web history for authenticated and anonymous customers
- RESTful API for full access to web history, including history of current session for anonymous customers and history of current and previous sessions for authorized customers.
- Integrated Agent Interface for Interaction Workspace
- Out-of-the box Agent Desktop support
- Live monitoring of customer during engagement
- Integrated view of Web History
- Templates for out-of-the-box real-time interaction reporting of Web Engagement
- Integrated with core Genesys product suite
- Web Engagement sample applications:
- "playground" - demonstrates the full set of Genesys Web Engagement features
- Developer tools: