BOE 3.1 and BI 4.1 are created and documented by SAP. SAP provides detailed information about the operation of the Universe Design Tool, Information Design Tool, Web Intelligence, InfoView, Designer, and other BO or BI applications. Access this SAP documentation from the following sources:
- from the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform Documentation CD,
- if you are a direct SAP customer, from the SAP website,
- if you obtained BO software through Genesys, from the SAP website.
- BOE 3.1—In GI2 Release 8.1.1 and earlier, this software is referred to as SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI (BO XI 3.1), or simply BO.
- BI 4.1—In GI2 Release 8.1.3 and later, this software is referred to as SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI 4.1), or simply BI.
The BO Environment
This section describes the BO environment. GI2 is based on the BO environment, which you manage using the BO Central Management Console (CMC). The figure CMC Home Page shows the CMC home page, which summarizes the tasks that administrators can perform by using this tool.
CMC is a web-based application that you can use to control individual preferences. The BO Administrator must grant permission for you to access the CMC.
Use BO to perform the following key administrative tasks:
|Managing Folders||[+] More Information|
|Managing Servers||[+] More Information|
|Managing Connections||[+] More Information|
|Managing the Universe||[+] More Information|
Managing Users, Groups, and Access Levels
|[+] More Information|
For information about tasks not covered here, refer to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Administrator’s Guide, particularly the chapter Working with the Central Management Console.