Parameter Groups are sets of Parameters that are associated with a Routing Strategy. They are deployed as Parameter Group Templates by the Service Provider to the Tenant. The Tenant administrator then assigns values to the Parameters in the Parameter Group. When the URS application executes a Routing Strategy, the values of the Parameters in the associated Parameter Group are incorporated into the call flow.
Access to each Parameter Group is based on the access control settings of the Configuration Transaction object. The following are general guidelines:
- If a user has Update permission to the Transactions folder, where the related Configuration Transaction object will be saved, the user can create a new Parameter Group.
- If a user has Read permission to the related Configuration Transaction object, the user can view the Parameter Group.
- If a user has Update permission to the related Configuration Transaction object, the user can save the Parameter Group.
- If a user has Delete permission to the related Configuration Transaction object, the user can delete the Parameter Group.
Viewing Parameter Groups
This screen, viewable only if you have the required role privileges, displays a list of all Parameter Groups to which the logged-in user has access. To refresh the list at any time, click Refresh.
If you are using GAX 8.5.220 or earlier, all Parameter Groups in the Tenant are displayed, subject to your access privileges to that Tenant. Starting in GAX 8.5.230, the list appears as a hierarchical tree of folders of Tenants, Configuration Units, and Folders to which the corresponding Parameter Group Templates were deployed, and for which you have access in Configuration Server. Therefore, you might not see all of the Parameter Groups in a Tenant, only those in Folders to which you have access.
To sort the list, click a column header. Click the header a second time to reverse the sort order.
To filter the list:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click Tenant Filter to open the Tenant filter panel. In this panel, click the checkboxes beside the tenants that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the tenant list.
Click the name of a Parameter Group to display more information about the Parameter Group in a new panel that opens to the right. Users can click Access Control to change the permissions for the Parameter Group, provided that they have Update permission for the object.
Working with Parameter Groups
You can perform the following tasks in this screen:
- Set or modify the values of the Parameters in the Parameter Group
- Change the template that a Parameter Group uses to another Template as its basis
- Delete a Parameter Group
Set or Modify Values
The Parameters in Parameter Groups might be assigned default values. It is the responsibility of the Tenant administrator, or someone with the appropriate role privileges, to assign values to these Parameters that are applicable to the Tenant.
Change the Template
You can change the Parameters that are associated with a Parameter Group and which designated applications the group uses. This cannot be done directly in the Parameter Group, nor in the Parameter Group Template that was used to deploy the Parameter Group.
Delete a Parameter Group
When you delete a Parameter Group from the database, the Parameter Group Template and its Parameters are not removed from the database. Likewise, the Routing Strategy with which it is associated is not deleted. The main impact of this action is that when URS executes this Routing Strategy for this Tenant, the Parameter values in the Group will not be incorporated in the call flow.