|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
The main screen of Genesys Administrator Extension consists of two parts, as follows:
- The header, at the top of the screen, contains the main controls for the user interface.
- The workspace, under the header, is where you perform all the tasks in Genesys Administrator Extension.
The Header area is located at the top of the main screen of the interface and contains the main controls for the Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) interface.
To the right, the Header Bar displays the name of the logged-in user and a link to this Help document. Click the user name to access the Profile menu. To the left, the Header Bar contains the menu options for navigating GAX.
When the server is in Read Only Mode or Emergency Mode, a lock icon appears on the header for the following:
- All currently logged in users
- All users logging in during Read Only Mode or Emergency Mode
For more information on the Read Only Mode and Emergency Mode, see Read Only Mode and Emergency Mode.
The following fixed headings are always displayed:
- System Dashboard
- Routing Parameters
- Centralized Logs
Click the Home button from any page in GAX to return to the home page.
- Your access permissions.
- The plug-ins that are installed on your system; for example, the Routing Parameters option does not appear if the OPM plug-in is not installed.
- The options you selected in your System Preferences; for example, the Agents option does not appear if you have selected Hidden in the system preferences.
Installing plug-ins will add submenu headings to the fixed headings. For example, installing the ASD plug-in adds Solution Deployment to the Configuration fixed heading.
You can also add custom links to external websites. For more information, see Adding Links to the Navigation Bar.
The workspace, located below the header, is where you perform all tasks in Genesys Administrator Extension. It displays only those objects and options for which the logged-in user has role privileges and object permissions to access.
Lists of items in the workspace are organized by Tenant in multi-tenant environments. You can choose to view all Tenants, your default Tenant, or selected multiple Tenants by clicking Tenant Directory .
You can sort lists by various criteria by clicking on column heads. You can also quickly find information by using the Quick Filter field.
When working with lists of configuration objects in the Agent Management module or in Configuration Manager, metrics about the contents of the currently viewed list are displayed immediately following the breadcrumbs in the top-left corner of the view window in the following format:
type([x/]y)[, Selected (z)]
- type is the type of objects in the list, such as Agent, Host, Application, DN, and so on.
- x is the total number of agents displayed after applying a filter. If no filter is applied, x equals y, and x is not shown. If a series of filters are applied, x represents the number of users displayed by the most recent filter acting on the results of the previous filter.
- y is the total number of users in the current Folder.
- z is the number of agents in x selected by the user. If no users are selected, Selected (z) does not appear.
For some objects, you can view an auditing history. Select the object, such as a solution definition, to view information about the object in a new panel. In the object information panel, click the Related button and select History. The History panel is displayed to the right. It contains information about the change history of the object.
Availability of Menu Items
Multiple instances of Genesys Administrator Extension might be connected to the same configuration environment, to support load balancing and high availability. Each instance of Genesys Administrator Extension might be configured to use different sets of functional modules. Not all modules might be available for every instance of Genesys Administrator Extension that is installed in your Genesys environment.
Confirmation of Changes
Before saving changes, or when navigating away from a particular section in which changes were made and not saved, Genesys Administrator Extension will display a dialog box in which you indicate whether you want to save the changes. For configuration changes in more critical situations, particularly when you have deleted data or disabled objects and/or functionality, an enhanced dialog box in which the potential impact of the changes is provided, and you must first indicate that you understand the potential impact before you confirm that the changes can be saved.