|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Operational Parameter Management
Operational Parameter Management (OPM) enables the creation of operational Parameters that are stored in the Configuration Database as part of Transaction objects. These Parameters can be used in parameterized Routing Strategies and other applications that are capable of reading Transaction objects, in which the values of the parameters are defined at runtime and integrated into the call flow.
In the case of Universal Routing Server type routing, Operational Parameter Management proceeds as follows—however, OPM also works in a similar way with other routing types, such as voice applications and Genesys Orchestration:
- The Service Provider defines the Parameter by specifying its type and a name by which it is referenced in a strategy, voice application, or other routing strategy.
- The Service Provider groups Parameters into a Parameter Group Template. One Parameter can be associated with one or more templates.
- The Service Provider deploys Parameter Group Templates to Tenants, at which time each Parameter Group Template becomes a Parameter Group for the Tenant. One Parameter Group Template can be deployed to more than one Tenant. Each Parameter Group in a Tenant is unique.
- The Tenant administrator, or a user with the appropriate permissions and role privileges, enters values for the Parameters in the Parameter Group, enabling control of active strategies. Genesys Administrator Extension stores those values in the Configuration Database as part of a Transaction object.
- The Universal Routing Server Application executes a Routing Strategy, which reads the values of the Parameters in the Parameter Groups with which it is associated, and integrates them into the call flow.
Operational Parameter Management respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permission to access.
The Operational Parameters Management module can be accessed from the Routing Parameters menu on the GAX header bar, and includes the following: