Skills are qualities or abilities that Agents possess and that affect the placement of each Agent in a contact center hierarchy. Common Skills include abilities in different languages, particular categories of product knowledge, or ability in particular types of sales.
The Skills list shows the Skills that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the cube icon to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click Select.
To create a new Skill object, click New.
To view or edit details of an existing object, click the name of the object, or click the check box beside an object and click Edit. The Users listed in the Dependencies tab appear as link. When you click a Username link, the <Person> Properties window opens, where you can edit the properties of that particular User. In the <Person> Properties window, click Back in the General tab to return to the originated configuration object from where you navigated to this associated configuration object.
To delete one or more objects, click the check box beside the object(s) in the list and click Delete. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking Delete.
Otherwise, click More to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a Skill.
- Move To—Move a Skill to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Skills.
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.