How to Create and Insert Field Codes
Using Field Codes includes:
Creating and Editing Field Codes
On the Field Codes tab, you can either click the New (plus sign) icon or select a field code and click the Edit (gear) icon. The Field Code window appears: thumb|center|Field Code
- A detailed discussion of variables in eServices Manager is available.
- The Text field must conform to the rules described in Using Formulas in Field Codes.
- Click the Validate (ABC with checkmark) icon to verify that the field code is well-formed (that is, that it has no typographical errors, missing parentheses, and so on).
For detailed help constructing Field Codes, see Using Formulas in Field Codes.
For examples showing the use of a custom variable and of a complex Field Code, see Field Code Examples.
Inserting Field Codes into a Standard Response
To insert Field Codes,
- Create a new Standard Response or open an existing one for editing, then click Insert Field Code (on either the General or Structured Body tab). The resulting window displays a list of all the available field codes.
- Select a field code and click OK to insert it, together with its required delimiters (<$ $>), into the Standard Response.
- Click Render Field Codes to see the standard response with the Field Codes rendered, showing the default values for each Field Code.